Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
False Prophets in the Modern Era

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:47 pm
I've been working on this post for a while now and it's very dear to my heart. I know that it's very long but please read it. It will also explain some of my actions within the guild and why I have been so harsh on the subject.

Jeremiah 23:16 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD."

Matthew 7:15-16 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them."

1 John 4:1 "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

There is epidemic of false prophecy going on within the body of the church and we are turning a blind eye to it. Some brush it off by saying it gives people hope, others are too ashamed to admit it ever happens, while some say that no one gets hurt, and then there are the ones that try to twist everything around so that it fits the false prophecy. Still one of the biggest problems is that people think they have to have the gift of prophecy or be a leader in the church to even be under the accusation of being a false prophet. They say what they want to happen and then say that that's God's will. The following is proof that it happens and the consequences of it are dangerous when it comes to a person's walk with God.

A woman at my church name Cheryl was diagnosed with breast cancer in February of this year. By the time anyone had noticed it had spread to her lungs, bones, and liver which made her terminal. Cheryl and her family decided she would go through chemo that way she could see her youngest daughter graduate and her son get married this year. From day one people were telling the family that God had already healed her even though it was clear the cancer was still in her body. Some were even saying that the disease was from Satan and that God didn't want his children to die or suffer. Though there are plenty of verses that say otherwise.

They kept feeding them false hope and prophecies that she was healed and God was going to show the world a miracle to the point the family believed it. This started to guilt Cheryl into believing that taking the chemo treatments were against God's will. Cheryl decided to stop taking treatments for God was going to heal her.

On her birthday Cheryl died from her stage four cancer. The whole time people were saying that the prophecies came true because she was healed when she went to Heaven. Yet scripture proves that wrong by saying we are given new bodies, and for her to be healed it would mean she would still have the same body.

A month before Cheryl died her youngest daughter stated that if her mother died she would be angry at God because he didn't fulfill all the promises people told them. Cheryl dealt with the physical aspect of given false hopes while her family is still struggling with the emotional and spiritual pains from the twisted lies about God’s will.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:06 pm
User Image

I was wondering when someone was going to make a topic about this.

I feel bad for Cheryl's family. Honestly if I were them I'd sue.
Moving on.

I know what you mean about false prophets, I went to a lot of churches and I could tell that something was a bit off... I mean sometimes you just know when a person is just full of bull. There is a lot of false prophets these days.

I went to a church not long ago and they were saying things like God is pro-choice and it's ok to be gay. =/ There are a lot of people that are being fed lies. It's pretty upsetting.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:39 pm
Prophets who speak foolishly of Gods people are usually spoiled or toxic fruit. Prophets who speak wisely and boldly of Gods words are those of the truth and obedience. Those who proclaim Gods power who are unfruitful are arrogant and untrustworthy. Be careful of those wolves dressed in sheeps clothing.  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games