Free Games Directory and Discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you play free games?
  Yes.
  No.
  No, I prefer playing games that aren't free for the higher quality, etc.
  Yes, I'm on a tight budget.
View Results

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:03 pm
Still working on this first post, but as all of you know, free games are everywhere. For some of you, Gaia is a free game... stare

But which free games are good? And what kind of free games am I talking about? Legal ones of course.

Well, I'll go with all electronic/digital version of free games of any genre. Flash games can be included. I love free.

I'm hoping we can list games that go beyond average in terms of quality and fun. I'm not sure how we'll do this shinaynay, Should we link up to the game's site/location or what? Or just name drop and have people seek it out themselves.

If you do list one, provide a short description for it if ya can. Yes... Descriptions help. Yes. Yes. O_O And if we get a lot, I'll start organizing according to genres. Hopefully we can avoid any terrible ones out there in the big, scary Internet.

I get to go through my flash favourites on Newgrounds. >_>

Jaft's Personal Recommendations:

Gretel and Hansel Pts. 1 & 2
Found on Newgrounds. An awesome take on the story with gory surprises. The artwork is superb and will probably amaze you, too.

League of Legends
Multiplayer Online Battle Arena [MOBA] where players have one champion that fights among AI controlled minions and player controlled allies to destroy the enemies Nexus (Base) defended by an opposing team. One of the descendants of DotA. Graphics are semi-cartoony with constant updates. It's look much prettier now. Shiny~

Vindictus
An action MMO running on the Source Engine (Half-Life) which makes breaking shizzle really, really fun. Schweet intro. You can toss a lot of things at enemies. Pick up their weapons. The combat and physics are awesome. Perfect for casual play due to the mission/quest system. Not too much spell development during early levels.

Transformice

Work with others, or don't.

Robot Unicorn Attack
The song is so funny.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:05 am
Alien Swarm

A Top down shooter available through the Steam Client for free. You play as one of a group of 4 attempting to make your way though missions that stop a swarm of Aliens from taking over a colony. Search for it on Steam to download it. Steam accounts need a game bought to unlock all of Steam's features.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

blue0212

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:30 am
There's way too many good flash games for me to list.

However, a good, free MMO would have to be Cabal  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:38 am

Dungeons and Dragons Online/DDO is a really good free game. The Dungeons and Dragons based setting, the way they handle quests and dungeons as well as leveling to allow you to go as far as to cross class is amazing.

Aika Online is fun as well though I didn't play it much, mostly because DDO stole my attention. I suggest it as well but the gender/class limitations is a bit of a turn off.

I don't even want to get into flash games yet, I'll have to list those later when I'm not lazy.

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:40 pm
These are fun. My friend recently sent me the link to this site and... Well, I haven't played all of the games, but they're all simple and fun. They're really cute, too ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:26 pm
Well, there's the usual gamut of free online games. Flyff, Zero Online (this one has robots! Animation is decent as well), Mabinogi, Vindictus, as mentioned, World of Tanks (still in beta, but it's solid. Graphics aren't half bad, either.), Grando Espada: Sword of the New World (free, better graphics than most pay-to-play games, and uses a three-man Player controlled "party" system. Plenty of classes to work with as well.), Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst (still holds up despite being old)... uh... I think I exhausted my supply of legal/all ages choices.
Ah! Transformice. It's a neat little browser-based game, but it's mostly an exercise in dealing with people who just love to louse you up. Just... just watch.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:23 am
That video made me laugh. I'll be checking that one out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:40 am
ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK.

'Nuff said.  

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash