Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
IS THAT SO BAD?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

miyobby

Friendly Browser

6,900 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:17 pm
well my cousin lives at the church and the church lady is trying to change her.
she likes to wear skinny jeans and wear black and die her hair black and red.
shes not social she listens to her ipod every second.
me and her are alike.
but recently shes been getting colds.
and so the church lady is blaming her appearance and the way she is,
so she decided she wants my cousin to wear dresses and colorful shirts.
and to stop straightening her hair ( shes natually curly )
and to keep her hair color black.
my cousin is really stressed out because of this,
shes losing sleep and not eating.
i try to tell her to talk to the church lady.
she said she does but everytime she tries
the woman argues with her telling her its what god wants
and what he wants he gets.
because god is greedy.
and i gave her advise to say.
well what god wants is for you to b happy,
and u wont b happy being her lil rag doll.
she told the church lady my aadvise
and the church lady kicked mme out
and said to never interfeer again.
o . o

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:38 pm
Ask her why she thinks clothing/appearance is more important than God? It's like a Jew telling a Gentile that unless you circumise, you are not a child of God. Or a sinner comes to Jesus to repent and know more about him. Will Jesus turn away from him? No.

My mom was raging at me because I was wearing dirty clothes and when I told her this, she was pretty silent o.o  

JrSuper

miyobby

Friendly Browser

6,900 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:57 pm
My cousin has an appearance that she sticks by.
all her life she has been getting picked on by everyone. she has no friends only me. Her parents r alcoholics and every day every night every second they are drinking and fighting in her home. so the church lady took her in and let her stay in the plce for atleast a monthe. everything was doing fine. she listend to her. followed her curfew. ate when she was told too. cleaned and shes good person. never lies and shes really honest. then the church lady changed her making her stressed out. and getting her sick from trying to change her.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:07 pm
Ok that church lady's on crack! GOD IS IN NO WAY EVIL!!!! SO HOW DARE SHE SAY THAT HE'S GREEDY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... You know maybe this is a trial sent by God. He sends these things to strenghthen us and he doesn't expect us to undergo them alone, we are to lean on him. So my best advice is to spend hours in prayer about that situation with God. My second best is that you go and talk to her yourself and tell her she's far off from scripture, also that she oviously doesn't know God if she thinks he's like that and that she is not to force someone to do anything, and that she is not to hate when she is rebuked but repent, she is also to be forgiving and loving. You know the lady is oviously not saved Jesus said you should know them by their fruits, she sounds like she has bad fruit. Here show her these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8dTyPpiAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30vSr2qXzis&feature=related (this is shorter but the first is better)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR2gJgiGrcI

Also what do you mean by church lady? Does she run the church or is she pastor or something of that sort? Because women are not allowed to preach/teach in the churches, that is something only men could do.
1 Corinthians 14:33-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Timothy 2:10-14
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
I'll be praying for your cousin, the church lady, and you.  

starry night-163

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:55 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

It seems that lady is trying to help but doing it way overboard. And has really lost sight of God and is now working for what she wants.

No one should dictate how you dress other than God. If what someone wears interferes with their life as a christian then it should be changed when the person feels led to change. It seems your cousin needs to be loved and nurtured not badgered and made to feel like she is wrong. Have you or your cousin thought about talking to the Pastor/Preacher? They may be able to help or give advice.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:41 pm
starry night-163
Ok that church lady's on crack! GOD IS IN NO WAY EVIL!!!! SO HOW DARE SHE SAY THAT HE'S GREEDY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... You know maybe this is a trial sent by God. He sends these things to strenghthen us and he doesn't expect us to undergo them alone, we are to lean on him. So my best advice is to spend hours in prayer about that situation with God. My second best is that you go and talk to her yourself and tell her she's far off from scripture, also that she oviously doesn't know God if she thinks he's like that and that she is not to force someone to do anything, and that she is not to hate when she is rebuked but repent, she is also to be forgiving and loving. You know the lady is oviously not saved Jesus said you should know them by their fruits, she sounds like she has bad fruit. Here show her these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8dTyPpiAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30vSr2qXzis&feature=related (this is shorter but the first is better)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR2gJgiGrcI

Also what do you mean by church lady? Does she run the church or is she pastor or something of that sort? Because women are not allowed to preach/teach in the churches, that is something only men could do.
1 Corinthians 14:33-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Timothy 2:10-14
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
I'll be praying for your cousin, the church lady, and you.

well, the church is actully theyre house. the husband preaches. and the rest of the family helps with the children.  

miyobby

Friendly Browser

6,900 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:09 pm
Be glad that the Lord is providing. That doesn't mean there will be no struggles. Trust in Him to take care of what is His.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:32 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That church lady is a hypocrite. I'm sorry to say.
So what if your friend is a little...not what they expect?

The Bible tells us to live in Jesus' example (which we will never live up to) but in order to do that, we have to love on people no matter who they are or what they look like -- that shouldn't matter.

God isn't greedy, but it says in the Bible that God is love. Love is patient, love is kind, love is...(Look up 1 Corinthians 13:4- cool Love is everything that God is, and Jesus told us to be a light in the world. God is love; God is light, and we're supposed to spread that.

You're doing a good thing by advising your friend with what you think is right, but yeah, I suppose you have to make the most of your situation and be thankful for what your friend has. Just keep ministering to her though and love on her so that she may grow in the Spirit and that she may find God, if she hasn't yet.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

myusikah

Dapper Genius

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:07 pm
A hypocrite is a very touchy word to use. I don't even like using this word much. I find that this lady has faults she has trouble reviewing. But then again, don't we all? She may be doing wrong, yes, but what gives us the right to choose to judge her? This is something we must pay attention to. The Lord wants us to love one another, and not to condemn one another. Even if she were to persecute you for what you believe, continue to love with your spirit, and your heart.

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games