Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e Eberron] City of Towers NO LONGER calls for heroes! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:29 am
KytanaTheThief
Double edit: are you allowing stuff from the Essentials line? Only I just found a bunch of awesome powers that would work great with my char

It'd be up to Arc, but I believe the Essentials line is independent of the normal classes. They all play different, and the feats are different. I think when it comes to it, its All or None.

Though anyone can feel free to correct me on this.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:55 am
Actually, that's not quite it. I've actually read the books that are already available (i work in a bookstore), and they're basically like a compilation/update of what's already there. They do add new things, but really, it's just a new build for each class that's mentioned. The powers I found were for the "Thief" rogue build. Just like you can pick Brawny Rogue or Aerialist Rogue from PHB and MP respectively.

The "Class Traits" of the classes are still listed exactly the same, even down to using the same picture from the PHB XD

I was just curious if I could use it since it's pretty new, and not everyone has it. There's no online access to it at the moment either (trust me, I've tried). If it would help, I'll be able to borrow a copy tomorrow, and I could scan the relevant pages from what I want.

Edit: Also, I put the powers on the char sheet for now (i took pictures of the listings with my phone so I would get the wording right XD)...The powers I added are the two "Tricks" at the bottom. That's the reason I wanted it; the thief build lets you pick two "Tricks" from a list in the book. The list is composed of at-will move action powers. No actual attacks or anything.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:35 pm
I said I'm allowing all wizards' products and that include the Essentials line. There are a few characters in this game using things that I don't have personal access to. I don't see anything wrong with your build, and I have been looking. We'll see how it plays out in-game, but I suspect it won't be a problem.

Could you cite your sources for your items and powers, though? I'm not familiar with that tattoo.

Also, it would be convenient if you were tagging along with one of the other new characters. It's not required, but it would be convenient.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:24 pm
Items
Challenge Seeking Weapon (Lvl 1) - Pg 17 Adventurer's Vault 2
Escape Tattoo (Lvl 3) - Pg 84 Adventurer's Vault 2 (Not Tattoo of the Escape Artist)
Amulet of Physical Resolve (Lvl 2) - Pg 148 Adventurer's Vault

Powers
Handspring Assault and Adaptable Flanker- Pg 74 Martial Power
One-Two Punch - Pg 59 Martial Power 2

And ok, I'll edit my post later. I just couldn't come up with a reason for her to be with them lol. *sigh* have to go make dinner now though >.<  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:51 pm
Just assume that you're friends with one or the other and that you've been traveling with them, you can ask which of them would prefer it if you like

I don't have AV2, is that tattoo expendable?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:07 pm
No, but you can only have 1 tattoo at a time. If you want to change it, you have to disenchant the one you have and then get a new one.

If you'd like, I can copy/paste the entry on tattoos for you here or in a pm.

And kk, I just sent off a pm lol. I can make it work with her personality/backstory if he says yes.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:29 pm
Is that a daily or encounter power?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:55 pm
Neither, it's whenever the requirements are met. In this case, whenever a non-minion enemy scores a critical hit against me and deals damage. I mean, I really don't see that happening extremely often, though. If it's a problem, I can switch it out for something else.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:37 am
Is it an at-will power, or is that an item property?

I don't think it's a problem, I'm just trying to wrap my head around this device  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:53 am
Arc Vembris

I don't think it's a problem, I'm just trying to wrap my head around this device
property. the exact wording of the item is
Quote:

Property: When a nonminion enemy scores a critical hit against you and deals damage, you can teleport 3 squares as a free action.

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:07 am
SporkMaster5000
Arc Vembris

property. the exact wording of the item is
Quote:

Property: When a nonminion enemy scores a critical hit against you and deals damage, you can teleport 3 squares as a free action.

Oh cool, thanks.

I read nominom for a second  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas