Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
It's sad how our childhood memories are worth money now..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:18 pm
So I had this crate worth of Lego from when I was a kid, I sold it today for forty bucks. And just going through it and sorting it out I realized how much I actually do miss being a kid when I could lay down on the floor and build stuff up all day. It was clearing out the non-lego stuff I realized it's kind of sad the stuff that was priceless to us as kids, is now worth between twenty and forty dollars. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:29 pm
Smile, it's worth money because fellow peers are missing their childhoods and seeking to reconnect with those happy thoughts. I've been dreaming of sinking some hard cash into My Child dolls, vintage Care Bears, and of course Strawberry Shortcake. (And I still tote with me everywhere I move two boxes full of barbies, fast food toys, and random junk that served as their accessories.) It's not about money, it's about the love connected to the item. ^^  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Nekro Nyan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:21 pm
I think what he ment Lychee was that no matter how priceless the toys in question are to us they have such a small value to others and settling for such small values is very hard to do.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:35 pm
Hmm, but if it was priceless to you, you wouldn't sell it, right? o.o Why ever let go of something like that?  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Nekro Nyan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:47 pm
Lychee Fruit
Hmm, but if it was priceless to you, you wouldn't sell it, right? o.o Why ever let go of something like that?
Sometimes you just have to let things go like that. Growing up is like that, it's not as glamorous as we thought it would be when we where little.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:40 am
I never thought it would be glamorous. To this day I fiercely deny the image.  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:55 am
I never understood why growing up meant letting go of all the tropes of childhood. I may not have all my toys, but I still read Dahl, I watch cartoons and tend to prefer animated movies over films.

I think growing up does mean taking more responsibility, but it doesn't mean attaching a price to your childhood or locking it in a box, but more putting it in a priority setting.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games