Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dnd 3.5 Check

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:20 am
Alright, I have an idea for an idea for a campaign, but I don't know if anyone would play. So, I am just going to ask a few questions here before I build the thread.

1. I have been wanting to try out generic classes for quite some time. I was wondering if anyone would like to follow suite or would you guys just like the basic classes?

2. Does anyone know of any good house rules to use online? Most of the ones I have came a crossed are kind of hard to enforce online or are just silly.

3. What would be a good level to interact with nobility?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:50 am
Interesting thing... could be fun. Warrior is a hell of a lot better than Fighter, due to the expanded list.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:51 am
We had a pretty awesome initiative rule in my group. If you rolled a natural 20 on initiative, you went as normal but also got another turn in the same round at half of your initiative.

As for nobility, you have to think more about how strong the guards would be. Our DM likes them to be one level above us, right up until epic levels, and has a specific Fighter base for them. Just about any level can be good to actually interact with the nobles, though. Presuming they aren't trying to kill the heroes.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:36 am
Thhartokk: I like that idea, though I am going to change it for my game.

Thanks for the help. I will just try it, if less than 4 people join then I will change it back to 3.5 normal rules.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 pm
I'll give it a shot.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20391831  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items