Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
iPhone 4??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

diffun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:33 pm
So... my friend is looking in to getting a new phone and just wanted to know what you all think of the iPhone 4.

Discuss:
iphone 4 i suppose.. haha.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:50 pm
I don't personally have one, so not sure how much this will be of use, but I like to think I manage to use my friends enough to be able to say something about it. xD

Anyway, overall very easy to understand and navigate, when I first picked one up I just played with it looking at different things and picked up on how to rearrange things, find new apps, search the phone for something or other, yada yada yada in about 10 minutes. Also the apps themselves are awesome and the variety was good, probably the best you'll find anywhere *does not know what the app set up is like on android phones or any other major brands*

My one problem was that AT&T has coverage issues and the area I'm in turns into a random dead zone sometimes, so my friends who actually own the phone would have trouble actually using the phone for phone like reasons.

Hope that's of some help! >.>;;  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:25 am
Oh, I love me some iPhone. I really do. The facetime feature, which lets you video chat, is crisp, with minimal lag, great audio, and is much better than, say, Skype. The only downside, however, a pretty big one, I'm sure you'll agree, is that you can only use facetime with someone else who owns an iPhone 4, and uh, well, I think that says enough.

The internet is great, too, and the ability to use it anywhere is a big convenience, but the connection is only as good as the connection on the phone is, and seeing as it's for AT&T...
xd

The apps, too, are fun to play, useful if you need them, and are self-updating, which is great. But, with certain ones you can only use them if you've got the internet, which, depending on your plan, can cost you up to 90$ a month, if I'm not mistaken. Very pricey. And that's on top of the activation fee, and paying for the damn phone.

So, really, it's a great toy, and a great phone, but a really expensive one, at the same time; you are getting what you paid for. Now if they could just fix that ******** connection...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 am
I don't really have a say on the phone because I didn't know they came out with another one confused I use to want one when they first came out but I'm not too keen on the touch screen only because knowing me I'd break it or something,heh.  

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

[ s e m p e r ]

Distinct Explorer

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:32 am
The iphone4 is the best one to date. I don't have many complaints about it at all. I don't have that antenna issue. I haven't tried facetime either. The camera and video is great. I like the way apple does music on the iphone/ipod. I love my apps.

The real complaint is with ATT if youre in the USA. I live in a smaller city ~250k people. And I get dropped calls often. Its really lame. Can't wait for Verizon iphone.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games