Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 3.5] Crystal Hearts - Campaign Start! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:33 am
Tsubaki Mizuru
((Initiative is a 10 sider fellas o3o))

[[Since when...? Initiative is just a Dex check(with possible modifiers). Any sort of check is a d20.]]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:42 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
((Really? Alright, though that is something you may want to put in house rules. Most dm's use D20s for all checks including Initiative.

Still adding the +2))

((I'm pretty sure its a book rule 3.5 o3o but w/e srry for confusing people thats how I was taught xP))

Azmerelda moved to Uriel and knelt in front of him with a hand resting upon her knee. "I won't die here, but you might. I do not want that." She said placing a hand upon his head and gave him a warm mother like smile. That smile turned seriousness and she quickly stood flinging the sheath from her blade and getting into stance. "Stand firm! The beasts come!" She shouted so as to be heard by all.

Silence looms over the party for but a moment. This moment of silence that seemed to last an eternity was abruptly shattered with a sickening group of howls. Soon after a loud pounding on the door and ceiling could be heard. Dust and straw from the ceiling fall with every pounding heard. You and your group are surrounded. If looked upon carefully you can see the yellow glow of eyes out the only two windows in the cabin. You have but moments before by the looks of things before the beast enter.  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:50 am
Every thing in the SRD on Initiative
Initiative Checks: At the start of a battle, each combatant makes an initiative check. An initiative check is a Dexterity check. Each character applies his or her Dexterity modifier to the roll. Characters act in order, counting down from highest result to lowest. In every round that follows, the characters act in the same order (unless a character takes an action that results in his or her initiative changing; see Special Initiative Actions). If two or more combatants have the same initiative check result, the combatants who are tied act in order of total initiative modifier (highest first). If there is still a tie, the tied characters should roll again to determine which one of them goes before the other.
Flat-Footed: At the start of a battle, before you have had a chance to act (specifically, before your first regular turn in the initiative order), you are flat-footed. You can’t use your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) while flat-footed. Barbarians and rogues have the uncanny dodge extraordinary ability, which allows them to avoid losing their Dexterity bonus to AC due to being flat-footed. A flat-footed character can’t make attacks of opportunity.
Inaction: Even if you can’t take actions, you retain your initiative score for the duration of the encounter.

And on Core mechanics
The Core Mechanic: Whenever you attempt an action that has some chance of failure, you roll a twenty-sided die (d20). To determine if your character succeeds at a task you do this:
Roll a d20.
Add any relevant modifiers.
Compare the result to a target number.
If the result equals or exceeds the target number, your character succeeds. If the result is lower than the target number, you fail.

your teacher dm used a house rule to change the Initiative roll. No big. I had one that used a coin to determine tied opposing rolls. There are a ton of weird house rules.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:57 am
oh well >< If its easie on yu guys we can do the d20 but I'd prefer the d10 x3  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 am
((Then make it a d10, Dm's word is law, just let us know of house rules a head of time. It just makes things go much smoother.

Ether way, I have rolled both my d10 is an 8 and my d20 is a 15.

Also, we are still waiting on Rock's character's roll and Manozz's ))  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:19 am
((I will and I know. I wnt have the beast come in till they get their rolls out :3))  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Manozz55 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Manozz55

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:07 pm
Peony came in close behind Amber. Who had apparently seen what she had, "Yeah I saw the damn things myself." She didn't mention she couldn't tell what they were. Making herself looking less knowledgeable wasn't something she liked to do. In this There wasn't much room for maneuverability or using a bow. So instead she drew her long sword... Beasties were not going to have her end here.

((Ugh, sorry I wasn't posting. Had a terrible week/weekend.))  
joe-dude667 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:58 pm
Amber's face remained stony and passive as the beasts banged on the door. She was a Druid, and as such loved all creatures of Nature. But Lycanthropy was nothing more than a disease. The Rape of Nature's children. The Druid had faced worse before this night, and would certainly face worse after.

She gripped her Shillelagh tightly, and awaited the beasts to enter.

[[+2 init=4]]  

joe-dude667

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:19 pm
((Waiting for rock to start))  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:31 pm
((I mean no disrespect with this, I was just listening to some music and this came up when I read the dm's post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThOXlmVbQGs ))

Uriel wanted to go somewhere safe to hide and cast spells from. But he didn't see any place like that.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rock_DS rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:12 am
((Inish +2))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:40 pm
Sorry for not doing anything you guys, a whole lot of life is falling on me and shits hitting the fan by the bucket load :l I'll try and get the wolves to attack this weekend...  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas