Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
My old Girlfriend is pregnant, and still not over me? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll added
  :)
View Results

ecopper12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:38 am
maui boy no ka oi
Are you implying that she's a whore that you're trying to avoid or are you implying that she's a whore that you still have feelings for? Depending on the circumstance, I have different responses.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to that extreme on either.

I don't have much many feelings for her remaining, but I don't know what to do in the situation I am in right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:40 am
~ Milk Mynk ~
Why do you feel obligated?

Why?

To be honest, I'm not completely sure.

I know it would be the right thing to do, since she is pregnant at such a young age, and might need help getting through the hard times of the pregnancy it's self.

I wanted to lend an ear that would listen if she needed anything, but I suppose that would lead me into an even more difficult to get out of downward spiral.  

ecopper12

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:15 am
There is nothing wrong with being a good friend and lending an ear.

The problem is that she wants more than a friend at the moment, and she may feel encouraged by anything she can get.

Express your discomfort over the naming of the kid and really, keep conversations to a minium, so your still there, but not the ultimate shoulder to lean on. Hoping this will stop her from feeling she can rely on you for the ultimate role.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:51 am
ecopper12

I know it would be the right thing to do, since she is pregnant at such a young age, and might need help getting through the hard times of the pregnancy it's self.

But it's not YOUR right thing. The right thing for YOU is to accept that she isn't your responsibility, no matter what her situation. At fifteen you can't have a fulltime job or a license, and you can't legally drink, smoke, vote, or join the army. It's not time involved in the upbringing of a baby or a pregnant woman's confidant - especially when it's not your baby.  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

~ Milk Mynk ~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:19 am
ecopper12
~ Milk Mynk ~
Why do you feel obligated?

Why?

To be honest, I'm not completely sure.

I wanted to lend an ear that would listen if she needed anything, but I suppose that would lead me into an even more difficult to get out of downward spiral.

Try to define "right thing to do". What is it exactly that you feel you should/could help her with/do for her? And why do you feel that it's the right thing to do?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:45 pm
comfortably_dumb
It's not your problem. Don't worry about it.

Besides, aren't you like, 15? 14? Children should not be worried about raising children.
This, oh my god. Jeez.
When I was that young the only baby I was concerned about was my Togepi.

Either way, just ignore her dude.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:39 pm
~*~

No.

Just NO.

Back away slowly, dude.

Do not get involved with this. You guys are no longer together; you have no reason to obligate yourself to help out. I know it seems insensitive, but she's using her pregnancy to ******** with your mind.
No idea how someone that young can learn to be that manipulative already, but she seems to have mastered it quite well.
It's understood that you want to be there for her because you're a good friend, but quite frankly, you do not need that s**t. That is too much for someone your age to have to deal with. Best to just leave it.

~*~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 pm
GET. THE. ********. OUT. OF. THERE. NOW!  

Herr Sinne

Beloved Regular

Saucey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:40 pm
You shouldn't give in to her. I mean you can support her but don't step in and be the bigger man, you're still a kid. Are you willing to stay up endless nights AND go to school the next day taking care of the kid? Will either of your parents accept one or the other to move in? Chances are pretty slim.

I wouldn't do it man, I mean YES I would if it was my kid, if I was the last person she (or he xD) was dating. Remember, she wanted this, she did this, she let it happen, you don't know her bf's side, yes he might become sour and leave her... but you just can jump up out of nowhere and be her man.

Just because someone cries in front of you and tells you you're the only person who listens who "understands" and starts apologizing to you doesn't mean you got to forgive them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:53 pm
No way. I'm 21 and I'm still petrified of taking care of a baby, I'm afraid to be left alone with my 1 year old cousin! It sounds like this girl is being manipulative and taking advantage of your good nature and eagerness to help. Don't take the bait Ecop, if you get involved at all, you'll stay involved so just keep yourself out of things. It sounds harsh, but it's the best solution.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:52 pm
Aquila15
No way. I'm 21 and I'm still petrified of taking care of a baby, I'm afraid to be left alone with my 1 year old cousin! It sounds like this girl is being manipulative and taking advantage of your good nature and eagerness to help. Don't take the bait Ecop, if you get involved at all, you'll stay involved so just keep yourself out of things. It sounds harsh, but it's the best solution.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

I'm married and still petrified of having a baby xD  
The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out