Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
SEA TURTLE!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:02 pm
Some of my friends and I spontaneously decided to go to a bay yesterday, about 40 minutes from where I live.

We'd all been out there before, but we decided to explore a place we hadn't been before, so we did a lot of rock hopping to get out to this point sticking out into the ocean. I did it barefoot 'cause my sandals were too slippery, and now my feet fricken hurt, some of those rocks were terribly sharp, I may as well have been walking on oysters.

So we explored and had fun and all that, and on our way back across the rocks, one of my friends spotted a sea turtle! He was beached as. Way up away from the water. We're not really sure how he got there or why, but he was alive, so we decided to save him!

He was really cute, though we had to keep our hands away from his mouth 'cause he was bitey. He also was flapping his flippers, trying to swim, when we picked him up and carried him to the water. It was really cute xD

I ended up putting him in the water 'cause I'm the gangliest so I could lean out the most to get him in the water safely. It took him a couple goes to get out 'cause there were some big rocks in the water and it was fairly shallow where we put him it, but he eventually got out :D

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:59 pm
I pretty much squee'd the thread title when I saw the pictures.

Poor little thing musta been frantic when you found him...or her. Hmm, how do you figure out turtle gender anyway?  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:34 am
He's lucky you guys happened past!
Are turtles common wildlife in your area?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:58 am
Junimaia
I pretty much squee'd the thread title when I saw the pictures.

Poor little thing musta been frantic when you found him...or her. Hmm, how do you figure out turtle gender anyway?

I don't know how you tell their gender xD We just called him a boy.
He was pretty frantic after we picked him up, we thought he was dead at first though.

Scrub: Yeah they're common in the ocean, but not beached on the rocks xD  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:29 am
D'aww! I wish we had sea turtles here sad  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff