Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Finland´s Lutheran church going mad! -READ!!-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Varjokani

Beloved Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:03 am
Okay. I m from Finland and I thought that this thing was needed to put here. In Finland our own Lutheran church is is the church of state, and it has been really much political for years.

Now 2010 our church has kicked out pastors who don´t like female pastors and says "I cannot work with her because its against my way of seeing things." But now there has been also one pastor who has been made BIG surgery to transforming him into female. She is still working in church. No one in our church seems to believe in God or Genesis anymore! There is few who do but there is so many who don´t.

That mad political situation our church being like good puppy to state has now going even worse. Finland wanna now even gays going married like man and wife. And if state allows it the church will allow it also. Even now MOST OF LUTHERAN PASTORS want gays and lesbians to have rights to marry each other.

There was tv-programme called "the Gay evening" on tv a week a go and some 30 000 people resigned the church ´cause "The church was SO MEAN for gays..!" Now our church is worried cause it will lose big money if people don´t pay them Tax-money, and now there is just a matter of time when will they allow gays to marry each other because it is not the church of God anymore.

Like you can see The headchurch of Finland is really given up the word of God. They are planning even some parts taken down from Bible, and they teach that ABORT is not against God´s will, and that EVOLUTION is true,and God did not created the world.

This situation is really hard from my mommy, because she hates changes and she used to love that church. She has been shocked for all this, and so m I. All I ask of you is that you can pray for our Church that It would come closer God and pray for people like my mom,and my friends and I who don´t know what to do.

God Bless ya all. I m so glad that this place still is here and you still believe in God.

(Sorry from bad spelling.)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:11 am
Honestly? I'm not surprised. This is what happens when we turn our back on God and His word. I think too often what we call church is not the church.
It's terrible, yes, but surprising? No. My suggestion is to devote yourselves to prayer, study the Word, and seek out the church. It's everywhere, even if it doesn't seem like it.  

rosadria

Varjokani

Beloved Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:17 am
VK Fox
Honestly? I'm not surprised. This is what happens when we turn our back on God and His word. I think too often what we call church is not the church.
It's terrible, yes, but surprising? No. My suggestion is to devote yourselves to prayer, study the Word, and seek out the church. It's everywhere, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Thanks. Yes, I agree. I have been thinking of joining the same church were my boyfriend is.. But its harder from my mom. She is quiet creature like little mice and she is so used even with the music style of Lutheran Church. Its hard to find new home for her. Can you pray for us, please? smile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:21 am
Shadow The rabbit
VK Fox

Thanks. Yes, I agree. I have been thinking of joining the same church were my boyfriend is.. But its harder from my mom. She is quiet creature like little mice and she is so used even with the music style of Lutheran Church. Its hard to find new home for her. Can you pray for us, please? smile

Of course biggrin  

rosadria

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:35 pm
Are there other denominations there? If there are than join one of those churches. That way you won't have to deal with the goverment issues.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:34 pm
gothic_black_rose
Are there other denominations there? If there are than join one of those churches. That way you won't have to deal with the goverment issues.
Maybe I should join, but the problem is that all gay-people are making their best to make it be written on law that their marriage in church would be legal, and that means that Lutheran church has to let them get married. I m sure that if they get what they want in Lutheran church it can mean hard things to other churchs too. In Finland everything has something to do with political stuff... sad  

Varjokani

Beloved Rabbit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:52 pm
This is why I'm glad we have seperation of church and state, which I am using in the correct terms. Have you ever thought of moving?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:57 pm
I'm sorry to hear that, best wishes.  

Neil Lovecraft

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:32 am
These are the kind of times you find out who really is seeking God.
Just try looking for a place where they truly teach the word of God.
If the place is right then your mom won't have a hard time fitting in because nobody misses the beans when you have found yourself a filet mignon.
Just pray a lot and let God give you to the place he wants you to be, also so that it won't be so hard on your mom.

If the church you found is willing to take a stand and fight against the current even when everything else seems to be going the opposite way, then that's probably where you need to be.
Just don't forget to ask for God's guidance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:22 am
gothic_black_rose
This is why I'm glad we have seperation of church and state, which I am using in the correct terms. Have you ever thought of moving?
I m too young to be move alone, and if I did I would still have to stand same problems. Its happening all around Finland that Lutheran church is no longer good for people. All what our church is thinking is money and that all people love it. sad  

Varjokani

Beloved Rabbit

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces