Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Well I'm confused on this subject...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:36 am
User Image

Well I'm confused on this subject...

Ok God says that judging people is bad, but it is a natural human thing to judge, I mean we all do it without knowing.

I used to hang around some people that did bad things, I'm leaving it at that. =)
Anyway they did bad things. I got tired of hanging around them so I cut my ties with them.
Now I'm super picky on who I call my friends because I don't want to be hurt, deal with petty drama, or hang around someone that will bring me down.

SO I used judgment to keep myself out of trouble, my fiance says that I need to quit being so judgmental.

And then he and his family wanted me to go to a nudist resort. I wouldn't go because when Eve ate the forbidden fruit she and Adam felt ashamed of being naked, so God clothed them. I don't think it is right be be naked in front of people, because if it was ok Eve and Adam would have stayed naked.
That and I looked at the website and I saw lots of sinful things.
I'm leaving it at that.
Lots of drinking and gambling. There was more but I'm not saying.
My fiance understood and he doesn't want to go either anymore, but his family keeps telling me to grow up and not to diss it before I try it.

Uhg... I used my judgment on that... I mean so is judging bad or not?

I do know that in the Bible it says to not judge because we will be judges in the end or something like that... But it seams like sometimes you have too...
I'M CONFUSED!

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:46 am
There's a line you have to observe.
For example, let's say that I saw you out near a club one night. The wrong thing to do would be to say "Oh, TD is at a club, she must be getting wasted." etc. For all I know, you could just be walking by on the way to a bookstore that's open late, or hunting for a midnight snack. (Taco Bell is great for that, btw.) It would be even worse if I were to walk up to you and make a scene, accusing you of being a drunk, when the whole point of the trip was a taco.

However, we do have to be able to identify sin and avoid it, such as you avoiding the nudist resort. Then we also have to help our brothers and sisters out with avoiding sin. Christians are part of one Body, the church, and what harms one member harms us all. In Ezekiel it says "Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 8 If I say to the wicked, O wicked one, you shall surely die, and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, that wicked person shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, that person shall die in his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.
Ezek 33:7-9 (ESV)

Realize that there is more than one type of judging, and you should use Matthew 7:1-5 to see the example that Christ is giving. We will be judged by the standard we judge by, and so we must take the best Biblical approach to it, which I believe is "this is sin, it has to stop, and Christ is the answer for it." Ultimately, we will fall short, which is why we must be buried in Christ.  

rosadria

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:10 am
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I agree with VK.

We need to have discernment of what is good and what is bad. We shouldn't judge people by their looks but by their actions and we shouldn't judge without a full idea of what the person is doing. Guarding yourself from things that are wicked is important.

as I've heard from other people: It's not how close we can come to sin without actually sinning, It's avoiding sin altogether that's important.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:01 pm
The Lord wants our hearts to remain pure. Nothing bitter will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Love one another, and love those who persecute you. If they strike the right cheek, let them strike the left also. Do not judge one another, or condemn. The only one with authority to judge is He who is above all names! He shall reign forever! Glory to God. Please read the Gospel of John. Amen!

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:35 pm
*Ahem*

Well, I could be wrong on this subject... But I believe the point that was being discussed there was that we should not judge whether one is worthy of going to Heaven or not. As sinners ourselves, we have no right to judge others, since we are as guilty as they are... and, ultimately, not so different.

Aside from this stricter, more legalistic reading of that part of the bible, however, it's also true that the Lord does generally teach kindness, compassion, mercy, et cetera. But we do tend to form judgement quickly; it's how our brains are wired, trying to make sense of the world. So, if you find yourself making a negative mental judgement of someone, why not try focusing on it and correcting yourself? Point out that judging people you don't know is bad, and try to recognize it when you do something you feel you shouldn't. Actively going against a bad thing is, I think, better than pretending it doesn't exist.

But that's just me, of course. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:38 pm
X X X X X X X X X X X" Actually, Jesus told how to judge and how not to judge.

Judge not, that you be not judged.
Matthew 7:1

Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.
John 7:24

So should we judge? And if we should, how should we do it? Jesus told us to not judge or else we'll be judged. In the context of the scripture surrounding this verse, Jesus is telling us to focus on our own sin first before focusing on another person's sin. If anything, to judge ourselves first before judging another.

What supports that is what He says in John. He's telling the Jews this. If we are to judge, Jesus said, we need to do it righteously. Righteousness comes through our Father who grants it to us. We need to make righteous decisions about things according to what our Father and Master wants.

So if you judge, do it with our Father in mind, and make sure to judge yourself before judging another.
"  

kdke

Anxious Noob

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:54 pm
The words I said are the Truth. Jesus IS the only way, to the Glory of God. No man judges but the one Who was slayed. Jesus taught us to forgive the ones who sin against us. Forgive those who persecute us. Forgive those who commit crimes against us. Those evil-doers are judged not of His people, but of Man, the Heavenly Father. Evil and good are separated, unto death, and salvation. We are humans, and walking a spiritual path. We are in a spiritual warfare as we speak. He is coming sooner then you think. When He says, "I am coming soon," it's nothing to take lightly. Consider it a warning. I have no reason to coat the truth. The truth is relevant, and should not be misunderstood. Your salvation is a choice. Amen~

"Whosoever shall not receive the Kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." -Mark 10:13-16

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:55 pm
User Image

Ah I see now.
I understand.
Thanks everyone!

I was partly doing it wrong.
I judge people by looks a lot.
That is wrong, I need to quit that.
I'm going to start working on that ASAP.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:52 pm
You will learn more and more. This is why God sends people to teach the Truth and His ways!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Yeah, pretty much everyone said it ^^
There is good judgment and bad judgment.
To make it simple
Judging someone for the sole purpose of making you feel better = bad judgment.
Judging whether an action YOU take could lead to sin = good judgment.

depends how you apply it and on who.

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100