Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Noooo! Failing hard drive! D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:11 am
I recently got back in touch with and olllld friend, and I think he's actually jinxed me. Things that happen to him or that we talk about, are suddenly happening to me.

Last week his hard drive died and he spent ages trying to work around it to get his data back. I was like, "Wow, I've never had a hard drive die on me". I shouldn't have said that!
Now mine's getting an error message which basically means it's about to die. I noticed it while I was torrenting, my torrent kept stopping because of this error. I looked it up and was like "OMG NOOO" so I rushed out to buy another hard drive.
So now I'm trying to back up my stuff, but I'm getting the message in some of my files I'm trying to transfer D: So I'm picking bits and pieces out to try and save first that I really don't want to lose, in case it does die on me in the middle of transferring.

This sucks! D:<  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:45 am
NOOO LICI! D:
I hope things get better! I hate computer problems!  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

Saucey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:44 pm
My old hard drive failed (external) I kept on bumping it with my foot on accident. >_> It wasn't smart having it by my feet...
I tried to fix it with HDD Regenorator... it took 1 week on my oooooold computer but it couldn't be fixed. =[

But then I went and got a nice 2TB Harddrive that I love, and it is in a safe place. heart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:19 pm
Here ya go. Be careful not to damage the platter though. You'll need a HDD of equal size of the HDD you are trying to transplant the platter from. You can use that to back up your data or just use it as your primary once again. I'd recommend the former though as your platter may be nearing its death as well depending on the quality and age.
http://www.freewebs.com/bgotchall/index.htm  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers