Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Those crazy cats

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:57 pm
I'm staying in a house for this new year of University and there are a bunch of cats on this street.

There is a young black cat and a young calico coloured one I see lounging around right outside all the time, the black one is a bit scruffy but they're still cute.

They've both really surprised me... yesterday when I took the cover off of my motorbike I found calico curled up asleep on top of my gas tank until I went "Ahh, WTF!" and it darted.

Then the other day I was half asleep watching TV when I saw the black cats head poking through the tiny upper window of my bedroom like the goddam ceiling cat. xd
By the time I had finished my double take he'd jumped inside and I had to pick it up and take it back outside.

My flatmate Dave had claimed it tried to get in through the living room window the other day but we hadn't believed him at the time because he was high.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 pm
Aw, they want to make friends!
XD
I say you semi-adopt 'em.
It could be fun having some cute, furry bodies around to keep mice away and stuff.  

Ryu Redwings

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:31 pm
As a cat owner I will say this, your/our entire world and all the objects and items within it exist soley for the feline families amusement. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:19 pm
LUCKY! We have stray cats all over my neighborhood---and everywhere else, but most of them aren't very cute and they aren't very nice. They like to come up real close to me but then run away if I look like I want to pet them---which I DO want to pet them and it is unfair. D:

I still named the village I live in "Puppy and Kitty Town" though because I swear this place is just over-run by pets all over the streets and yards just chillaxing.

Super Ultra Mega LinZ

Akuma Dulcet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:32 pm
Aww, how cute! I agree, you should adopt them. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:11 pm
[sizee=11]
KEEP THEM!!!
they sound really quite cute and mischievously awesome.
(if you do though, you might wanna get them checked by a vet and stuff).

diffun

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:19 am
I do think they are strays as they don't have collars, we can't keep pets in the house though as we're renting.

They seem to get along fine though, probably get fed by half the people on the street. I know they get a few scraps from our house.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:54 am
That is so cute! xD
I'd just keep them. Especially if they're cute and mischievous, they're the best kind.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Fuji_hobo_jacket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:16 am
Awww that's adorable. And good for you to be giving them some scraps!

The university I go to has a HUUUUUGE stray cat population. It's so weird because they'll congregate only in certain areas around campus, but where they are there's always 10-20 of them. I think there's a van that's paid for by the university that drives around every evening and a lady actually sets out just these huge piles of cat food for all of them. My guess is so we don't have random dead cats appearing. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:11 am
They must have been accustomed to being fed by the previous tenants at the window. One of my neighbors cats used to come to my window for food.

The custest memory ever with that cat. Once I was outside and I saw the cat appear on the roof, coming from her home. And then, as the cat made her way down to my yard, I heard a child's voice scream, "MAMA CAT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! gonk "  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:01 pm
They might just be used to people; not even being fed.

Back home, there was a huge stray that used to come by all the time, all because I played with her one time. [:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 pm
I would semi-adopt them too. Keep them as outside cats. Just feed them, maybe find a way to give them a warm outside bed.

I would say this though. Maybe get them fixed. Even if you don't want them. Not only will you be doing them and any future kitties a lot of good. But if they are indeed female and male. The female might be pregnant and will try to get in to you house to give birth.

We semi-adopted one. She did the same thing. Now we own 4 cats... xD We love them though.

Rinoa Hatake

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:13 am
Black cat is very friendly now, pretty sure he is older than we thought to, he'll nose your hands to and be cute to try and get attention.
I do have to keep that window closed now or it will just jump straight in, due to Dave who kept coaxing it in while we're watching my TV.

He always sits the bin outside my window so we put a cushion on top of the bin for it xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:56 pm
scrub
Black cat is very friendly now, pretty sure he is older than we thought to, he'll nose your hands to and be cute to try and get attention.
I do have to keep that window closed now or it will just jump straight in, due to Dave who kept coaxing it in while we're watching my TV.

He always sits the bin outside my window so we put a cushion on top of the bin for it xd

That is so cute xD
How nice of you to put out a cushion for him (:  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out