Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I HAVE RETURNED....I think. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do I know you? :{D
  Why, yes!
  No, I don't believe we've met...
  My name is Danjah
View Results

Super Ultra Mega LinZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:53 am
OH! Well let me s'plain then, Lici!

Basically I'm the one that law enforcement officers call in through a radio and I use a program to look up vehicle history via license plates and driver's licenses to see if you have been naughty or nice, thus ensuring officer safety AND influencing their decisions on whether or not to write a ticket. :B

ALSO! If you have an emergency in this county, if you dial 911 on a phone, I'll answer, figure out the problem and send help immediately.

I have saved three lives since I started this job in April so it's a really wonderful job for someone like me who really likes helping people. :3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:54 am
[X]Harajuku[X]
Hey! How goes it? I don't think I remember you..maybe? Sorta? I just came back here myself from being once addicted many moons ago sweatdrop

Hiya! I'm not sure if I remember you either, but I'll be happy to get to know you! :fD

Super Ultra Mega LinZ

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:00 am
Super Ultra Mega LinZ
OH! Well let me s'plain then, Lici!

Basically I'm the one that law enforcement officers call in through a radio and I use a program to look up vehicle history via license plates and driver's licenses to see if you have been naughty or nice, thus ensuring officer safety AND influencing their decisions on whether or not to write a ticket. :B

ALSO! If you have an emergency in this county, if you dial 911 on a phone, I'll answer, figure out the problem and send help immediately.

I have saved three lives since I started this job in April so it's a really wonderful job for someone like me who really likes helping people. :3

Oh wow, that's awesome!
That must be really rewarding and satisfying to know you're helping save lives (:
If I was ever in America and if I knew I wasn't going to waste peoples time, I would totally call 911 in the middle of the night and be like, "Hi is Danjah there?!" :D But I'm sensible, I wouldn't do that because I know I'd cause havoc and get in trouble.

Speaking of which, do you get prank calls often on there?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:25 pm
The only prank calls we have got was actually made by one of the officers. xD He likes to prank call me all the time.

He doesn't do it on the 911 number though, but since most people know the office number we treat that as just important as the 911 number because people call it for emergencies as well..

So one time when I was new and in training, he called and was using this odd voice and he kept yelling "MAH KITTEH MAH KITTEH IS STUCK IN DA TWEEE! HELP MAH KITTEH!" and I had to treat it like a regular emergency call so I asked him for his name and his address so I can send help while trying not to laugh because I couldn't tell if it was for real or not---because we DO have some mentally unstable folk around these parts. You just never know.

Anyway, he gave me this bogus address and told me his name was Bill Clinton and I was just utterly confused because I wanted to act like a joke but what if there really was a mentally handicapped Bill Clinton at 555 P Avenue with a kitty stuck in a tree? So I told him I would send help and got him off the line and looked over at my supervisor who was dying of laughter....and she told me to ALWAYS check the 911 computer because it shows address and callback numbers....and the number belonged to the officer's cell phone. xD

So I called him back on my cell phone (which he didn't know the number for yet) and called him an a** and hung up. lol He's actually one of my favorite people I work with though. One time we were working together really late during a thunderstorm which caused black outs all over town and he called using a Dracula voice to tell me "Alllllll zee powahh is back in tooowwwwnnn! AHHH ahhh aahhhh aahhhhhhhh~" and it was awesomely creepy. x3

Super Ultra Mega LinZ

Rathraq

Devoted Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:25 pm
Hello, I have been super non-active also so I don't think I know any of you at all. I am sorry.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:38 am
That guy sounds awesome! Fun people make work heaps more enjoyable and pleasant. I love playing jokes on people too xD
My work place used to be awesome like that but then we got this new chick who's taking over everything and is a total b***h and now we're not allowed to do anything fun any more or have any fun. So now I want to quit my job and move to Sydney xD  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas