Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
I need help. (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FullyHollow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:32 pm
Whenever i play Zomg everyone uses spells and i cant figure out how to buy/use them,could someone help me out please?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:49 pm
They're not actually using spells. What you see is the effect of whatever ring they're wearing. You can get your first rings by completing quests for the NPC's in the Village Greens and more by defeating the animated. Rings are soulbound so you cannot buy them. Does that make sense?  

Insatiable Design

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:52 pm
Topic Moved > Questions and Assistance

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:07 pm
mothette,that helped alot thanks. If i was to buy a sword just to try it out,what sword do you think i should buy?  

FullyHollow

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:26 pm
Well, you can't actually fight with swords, only rings. The swords on gaia are just for show. There are some rings that show as swords when you fight, such as the mantis ring, but like all other rings you can only get them by chance.

I suppose I should mention, there is an exception to this rule. Some rings can be bought in the marketplace for 10's or 100's of thousands of gold. This is because when zOMG! first came out, the rings were not soulbound, that was something that was implemented later. If you play zOMG! a lot, there's a good chance of getting a ring by chance before you've saved enough to buy it. I'd consider that before deciding to quest for a ring.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You can also obtain rings by completing quests assigned by NPC's in each area. You will get a choice of one ring once some areas (Such as Zen Gardens) have been completed.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces