Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
(Long Rant) Guys, society needs to be held accountable Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:14 pm
maui boy no ka oi
That wasn't a long rant at all. Anyway you're seeking to blame society for this prejudice? Maybe your society sure why not? But society in general? Nope. I fail to see how that makes any sense considering in our community, being gay is perfectly acceptable (except by the haoles from the mainland which are growing in number every year). If you ask me, your persecution of all people is just as bad as the persecution that the LGBT community goes through.

Sorry if my rant wasn't long enough, bro.

Again, I say society because society is to blame. Religion, politics, and society around the world treat homosexuality as a crime. There are some Arab nations in which it IS a crime to be homosexual, and some African nations.

See, where you live, homosexuals are accepted, my professor here is gay, but back home, where I come from, gays are most certainly not accepted. That's why I said society. I even made a note that I wasn't talking about one place, in specific.

And really? I think Lychee said it best, when you said this is equal to the persecution the LGBT community faces.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:43 pm
This debate makes me want to pass out.

But I am glad that Nexus labeled it as "religion" and not merely "Christianity." Realistically, Christianity should have no qualms with homosexuality. Every time homosexuality is mentioned in the New Testament, it is a mistranslation, and wherever it is mentioned in the Old Testament doesn't matter since the Old Testament does not apply to Christians. BUT OF COURSE, not every Christian knows a lick of Greek, or can do some clever researching, and thus not many realize (or maybe care?) that it is a mistranslation and therefore homosexuality is not a sin according to the Bible.

In Islam, the Qur'an says it's legit to kill someone for being homosexual. JUST TOSSING THAT OUT THERE.

Anyway...yeah.  

comfylove
Crew

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:20 pm
comfortably_dumb
This debate makes me want to pass out.

But I am glad that Nexus labeled it as "religion" and not merely "Christianity." Realistically, Christianity should have no qualms with homosexuality. Every time homosexuality is mentioned in the New Testament, it is a mistranslation, and wherever it is mentioned in the Old Testament doesn't matter since the Old Testament does not apply to Christians. BUT OF COURSE, not every Christian knows a lick of Greek, or can do some clever researching, and thus not many realize (or maybe care?) that it is a mistranslation and therefore homosexuality is not a sin according to the Bible.

In Islam, the Qur'an says it's legit to kill someone for being homosexual. JUST TOSSING THAT OUT THERE.

Anyway...yeah.

This is why I anonymously proposed to you so long ago. heart

But, yeah, no, I have no problem with religion. I'm not one of these angsty, angry Atheists. And, like I said, some Islamic nations have homosexuality as a capital crime; Nexus does his research. Sometimes.

Hell, I don't even want this to be about religion. All I was getting at is that people need to leave the LGBT community alone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:46 am
People need to leave other people alone.
Don't get all up in someone's Kool-Aid when you don't know the flavor.  

comfylove
Crew

Maze

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:11 am
I should really look kool-aid up one of these days.. I just know that man-shaped jug goes with it that the kids knock over and then he dies.

That's pretty sweet.

But yeah, some R E S P E C T won't hurt a body. Unlike the complete and utter lack thereof..  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:55 pm
I am all about respectin' people's choices whether that be their sexual leanings, or their favorite cereal.
Therefore, I am sorry to say I found the "Go jump off a roof" comeback to be absolutely hilarious.
I mean, I understand that being driven to attempt suicide by a bunch of ******** heads, who've got nothing better to do than hate is bad. But seriously. "Go jump off a roof" made me lol pretty hard.

Mostly though, what Qui said. Some people are just wankers, there's little what can be done. Improving their education on the subject'll possibly do nothing more than give them more appropriate terms to heckle, & abuse with.

I do however like Lychee, & Maze's Stockholm plan. It could be fun.

Lastly, & I don't care how dumb this sounds. More than a little of this, I feel could be solved by growing a thicker skin. I mean ********, don't let it get to you. The people who kill themselves over some taunts, killed themselves. The murder, generic hate crimes & s**t's not okay, it's got to stop, yeah. And so's the suicide. But you can't just blame the world at large for that. At least some of the responsibility rests on the person who kills them self.

Seriously,though. "Go jump off a roof." Classic.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers