Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[-][L-A][P-1x1] Freaks of Fortune Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

milkymosaic
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:16 pm
Glad to hear that Kaito wouldn't be bothered by the meager offerings of entertainment, Kou smiled. Looking over at the ropes, he said, "They just need to be packed now. That isn't our job." Waving it off with a strangely annoyed look, Kou continued to lead their way around the tents, of which there were several smaller ones alongside the main performance tent.

Thinking about it, Kou said, "Okay then. There's almost always food ready in the mess hall on moving days, so we should be fine just popping in whenever. There will probably be some of the others eating in there too...I probably don't have to tell you this, but try not to stare. It's considered rude, and you'll get along a lot better with the people around here if you just get used to the way they are and act natural. of course, acting too natural can be weird too...just do your best," he finally settled on, unable to decide on the bet advice.

In one of the smaller tents, there was a long table set out in the middle, with a few people sitting here or there, and a few small groups chatting or playing simple games. All of them were rather strange-looking, but it was just their way of life. Saying hello to a few of them, Kou lead the way over to a pair of others cooking over a portable stove. One was an older man, a few scars littering his face and greying scalp. The other seemed pleasant and much younger, but it was impossible to tell what it was supposed to be. The skin was an odd tint of light grey, but other than that, they seemed normal enough.

"Hey guys, what's up for today?" he asked in a rather bland tone, not really interested in their lack of choice concerning their meals.

"Food," the older one muttered grumpily before adding, "If you can even call it that."

The younger one, chuckling fondly, corrected, "It's stew. Vegetable stew." Finally noticing Kaito, it asked with some hesitance, "And who is this?"

Looking behind him as though he'd forgotten, Kou said, "This is the new guy, Kaito. He's got sharp teeth now." Hoping kaito would be kind enough to flash a quick smile, Kou took both of their bowls as they were handed over, and led the way back to the table. Sitting down away from the others, he said, "Why don't you tell me about yourself a little more," hoping that Kaito would take charge of their conversation to save him the trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:36 am
Kaito couldn't help but feel that he had irritated Kou in some way. But he ignored the feeling and continued following the other.

Out of sheer, unconsious curiousity, he stuck two of his fingers in his mouth, running them over almost every one of the newly sharpened teeth. Wincing once in a while when he tested to see how sharp they were and applied slight pressure to one of them, automatically cutting the tip of his index finger. They had been filed all the way up to the gums, and Kaito wasn't sure that they hadn't gone a little past the gums as well. He looked around as he felt the akward stares from some of the other performers, he wasn't surprised; he would have been staring too if someone walked by while groping around in their mouth. Pulling his fingers out of his mouth as Kou began talking again, feeling a small laugh force its way out at the almost confused sounding string of statements.

When the entered the tent where food was being served and eaten, he took a deep breath through his nose, taking in the wonderful scent of whatever it was that was cooking near the back. Looking around, he didn't see too many other performers in the tent. The rest were probably out doing their work before coming in here.

At the comment about his new set of teeth, Kaito couldn't help but smile, showing them off to the two cooks. He gave the two a friendly wave as Kou walked off carrying the bowls to the table. He turned and followed him, sitting at the table next to the other.

Letting out a thoughtful humming noise at the request, "Well, there isn't really much to say; overly-religious parents, only child, small town. Where do you want me to begin?" He asked, giving Kou a small smile.

Sacrifice Kaigen

Romantic Noob

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

milkymosaic
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:09 pm
((Erk! How...How did I leave it this long without replying? ToT Sorry...))

Shrugging at Kaito's response, Kou said, "I dunno, I just assumed people from the outside had more to talk about than we do in here. I mean, what's there to talk about in your daily life when you're just performing, cleaning up, setting up, sitting in a cage...not a lot goes on around here. It's exciting enough if people pair up and make a couple. Sometimes people start thinking up new acts, and that can be interesting sometimes. Then again, sometimes people go insane or just flat out kill themselves to escape all of this, so...It's never really the same." Looking a little depressed for a moment, Kou quickly collected himself and glanced over at Kaito blankly.

"What was school like for you? Did you go to clubs or anything, have friends, a girlfriend maybe? What about your neighborhood, were all the neighbors close or did they keep to themselves? Not many people around here really care to ask about this kind of stuff, but those who do will ramble on forever, so you might want to watch who you chat with," he said, before adding, "Except me, of course. I'm just asking out of politeness and because I honestly can't think of anything else to talk about."

Stirring his stew with disinterest, Kou began to wonder what he'd even been thinking when he decided to take the new guy under his wing. It was enough trouble getting along with everyone under the tent, but having to help someone new adjust to the life there was often horribly awkward. Not being gifting with terribly good people skills in the first place, Kou hoped Kaito wouldn't be counting on him too much after he found his feet.

Once the two of them had finished and returned their bowls to the cooks, Kou led them out of the tent and straight back into another. This time the tent was rather empty, save for a few people sitting around, chatting, or keeping themselves busy with small tasks. "So, what would you like to do now?" he asked, not enjoying the thought of volunteering for extra work and planning on using Kaito as a get out of jail free card if anyone asked them to.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 pm
Kaito frowned a bit at Kou's explination, so he Took a breath to answer as the other asked. "I was home schooled after I got out of third grade, my parents didn't think public school was right for me, so. . . No, I didn't really get out much or have very many friends, and definately not a girlfriend," he said with a small smile and chuckle.

"Neighbors. . . Some of them were friendly, but I had this one I liked the most. Ever since I was little I had gone to her house to help her clean; she was getting old and couldn't move around much anymore, and she woul pay me with cookies." His smile got a little bigger at the memory, then frowned.

Kaito stood and followed Kou into the next tent. He looked around at all the people he hadn't yet seen. "I don't know."

"How many people are here? Did they all join the same way I did?" He asked, looking to Kou
At the last question

Sacrifice Kaigen

Romantic Noob

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

milkymosaic
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:09 pm
"Oh. Well...that's boring," Kou commented honestly, not really worried about whether or not he came off as rude. "Well...maybe you'll have more chances to meet people here, at least. There are plenty of different types, although some of them are insane. Watch out for people who seem...off. It's hard to explain, you'll learn eventually," he continued, going off on a tangent and forgetting where they had begun or where they'd been going.

Stopping short and looking back at Kaito when he heard the question, Kou frown. "Do you think any of us would be here if there were any other way? We all got here the same way...more or less. That is...many of us stayed behind, not wanting to show to end. Some were sneaking in to steal things or make trouble, and one or two just got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. Still, no one's ever joined...voluntarily." Falling silent for a moment as he thought, Kou finally came back to his senses after a moment.

"While we're here, we should see if anyone has some books you might like. Come on, I'll introduce you to a few of my...friends," Kou offered, leading the way through the various groups scattered throughout. When they came upon a giant woman, Kou finally smiled as he called up to her. "Marise! Good afternoon!" The woman, who had been sitting on a pile of boxes arranged like an enormous chair, looked down from her book and smile softly at the pair.

Her legs themselves looked seven feet high, though her average-sized torso made it look like she was wearing stilts. "Good morning~," she called back in an airy, relaxed voice. Swinging her legs over and leaning down so they could speak, she asked, "And who~ is this?"

"Marise, Kaito. Kaito, this is Marise. She's been here...a little long than I have?" Kou asked, looking up at the woman for affirmation.

"Yes~, just about that, I suppose~. Did you need~ anything?" she asked, taking off her dark purple top hat which matched her suit. The two spoke for a few minutes about books and Kaito's introduction to the circus. She was more than happy to lend them some of her books, pulling several out of one of the boxes she was sitting on. As they parted she said to Kaito, "If you're ever feeling down, feel free to ask and I'll lift you up." Tipping her hat to them as she put it back on, Marise returned to her former position and her book.

Walking a few feet away, Kou read the covers of the three books she'd given them and said, "This should give you something to do if you ever have free time. What do you think of her?" he asked quietly, smiling and nodding his head back at Marise. "She's really sweet, huh?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 pm
((Bump.))  

milkymosaic
Crew

Sacrifice Kaigen

Romantic Noob

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:40 pm
At the boring comment, Kaito couldn't help but smile. He'd never thought of it as boring before. He listened to Kou quietly, running his tongue slowly over the tips of his teeth. He couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as he listened.

As Kou answered his second question, Kaito looked down at his hands, absent mindedly gnawing at his cheek. Ignoring the pain, and the blood filling his mouth, he looked up to the other when he spoke again.

Following Kou silently, Kaito continued gnawing on his cheek. He listened to the two talk, nodding with a smile as Kou introduced him to Marise, making sure to keep his mouth closed as he did.

Swallowing thickly, he smiled up at her again. "Thank you, I will." He said, quickly closing his mouth again as he followed Kou.

"Yes," Kaito started, swallowing again. "She is. I like her."

"Is there anything else we have to do?" He asked, thinking for a moment. "When are we leaving?" The thought made him frown a little.

Sorry it was so late. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:58 pm
Noticing that Kaito had been keeping his lips firmly pressed shut whenever he could, Kou commented once they were alone, "You know, it's okay to show your teeth a little. People here are used to it, and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around all of us here. I mean, we're all mutilated freaks here. Some worse than others, sure, but all in the same boat nonetheless. So smile," he added, pointing to either side of his mouth and demonstrating.

"And if you still aren't comfortable showing your teeth, could you at least not chew on the inside of your mouth so much that you bleed? I can see it between your teeth when you talk, and I can see you doing it even when your mouth is closed. Doesn't that hurt?" he asked with an odd grimace. "If you need help, let me know, okay? The faster you get used to things here, the better. For everyone."

"Yeah, Marise is a real sweetheart. She really meant it when she said you could come to her if you were feeling down, too. Out of everyone in the entire circus, she's the one person you can trust no matter what. She really knows how to talk to people, she's understanding, compassionate...just about everything someone could need in a confidant. Also, she hoards books like a squirrel in late autumn, so feel free to ask her for more whenever you finish these, but make sure to return everything you borrow."

Thinking about it, Kou said, "No, not really. We've done out part. Whenever you finish your part of the work, though, if you want, you can go around and look for people who need help or seem really tired or bothered or something. Everyone works on a 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' basis, so it's a great way to get favors if you help people out with work."

"I don't actually have a watch," Kou said, a bit embarrassed, as he walked over to a rather buff and strangely normal-looking man for the time. Returning to Kaito, Kou said, "First thing tomorrow morning. Apparently, the owner wanted to move tonight, but the Ring Leader set it back on account of one of the more...delicate members not feeling well." Grimacing, Kou fell silent for a moment before shaking his head and saying, "Which means we'll be staying here just one more night. More likely than not, just the tent with our cages will be left up over night."

A look of realization washed over Kou's face. Considering something for a few moments as he looked Kaito over a few times before asking, "Hey, do you want to sleep in my cage tonight? You're new, I get lonely really easily...seems like a good match to me." Although the suggestion was somewhat out of left-field, Kou had a completely straight look on his face, more one of logical consideration than anything. "I mean, those kinds of things usually aren't allowed, but I have an idea. It would be nice, don't you think? To not have to sleep alone on your first conscious night here?" he asked, with large, innocent eyes.

milkymosaic
Crew

Sacrifice Kaigen

Romantic Noob

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:27 pm
Kaito gave the other a small smile, pushing his bangs out of his face, shaking his head. "It doesnt hurt very much anymore, but I'll try. Sorry. . ." He said softly, clenching his teeth together.

At the image he got from the squirrel comment, he couldn't help but let out a loud laugh. He made a mental note not to borrow one without Marise knowing it; like he always did with his mother's books.

He waited as Kou went to talk to someone and looked around the grounds. Now that most everything had been taken down, he almost recognised the location.

Shaking the thought off when he heard Kou speak again, he looked back to the other, nodding as he listened.

At the question, Kaito thought it over silently in his head. "Yeah, that would be nice. Thank you." Smiling again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:31 pm
Kou raised an eyebrow at how quickly Kaito had agreed to spend the night with him. Perhaps the boy was just as lonely as himself.

Smiling, he explained, "Well, let's go get that arranged, then." Motioning for Kaito to follow him, Kou led the way outside and into a smaller tent only a few feet away. Inside were a makeshift desk with some papers, a few boxes, and a rather tall man in a ringmaster's outfit standing around muttering to himself over a notebook.

"Hey, Ringmaster," Kou called with a slightly irritated look, brow knitted. "What do you think you're trying to pull? Do you want me to freeze to death in that cage? The nights here are freezing, and you won't even give me a blanket! You keep making excuses and procrastinating, but I'll be dead before anything gets done! If you can't even get me a blanket, let the new guy sleep with me," he demanded, waving a hand vaguely at Kaito.

"Fine! Fine, if it'll get you to stop riding my coat tails over it, here!" the man blurted out, despite having been rather involved in his notes the entire time. Flipping the page and hastily scribbling something, he tore out a piece of paper and handed it to Kou.

Taking the sheet with a smug look, Kou said, "Thank you," turned, and glided out haughtily.

Once they were back in the recreational area, Kou said, "Looks like we were lucky and caught him at a bad time." Beaming at the paper, he added, "If you catch him when he's working on his figures, he'll give you just about anything to keep you from taking up his precious time."

Looking around for a moment, Kou said, "It's getting a little late. What do you say we go see if dinner's ready? Maybe I can introduce you to some people, or we could find someone to chat with. Hungry?"

milkymosaic
Crew

Sacrifice Kaigen

Romantic Noob

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:43 pm
Kaito quietly followed behind the other, looking around with a look of awe. He had to stop himself many times from biting his lip and cheek; it's what he did when his mouth was closed, so he let is mouth stay open.

He was wondering how Kou was planning to get the ringmaster to agree, but he didn't ask. They were now entering the Ringmaster's tent and he figured he would see soon enough.

Standing idly behind Kou, he watched and listened to the other speak, not being able to help the small little grin from coming across his face.

Kaito peered over Kou's shoulder when the piece of paper was handed to him, trying to see what was on it.

He quickly followed Kou out of the tent, "That's good to know," He mumbled quietly after Kou spoke again, looking from Kou to the paper curiously.

"Yes a little." He said after a moments thought, looking back towards the tent they had first entered that morning. "But dinner does sound nice right now." He murmered, looking back to Kou with an attempt at ta smile, adding as an afterthought. "And you can't have too many friends, right?"

But, right when he was about to start walking towards the tent, he bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry," He said, smiling as the other turned around to face him.

"Not a problem." Came a male voice, "just be more careful." Said a female voice. Kaito looked at the person more carefully, noticing first one body then two heads, which turned to look at Kou with a smile. "Hello Kou, who's your new friend?"

Female is June, male is Leo. Just thought I should be more than just one character. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:54 pm
"Right! Especially in a place like this. I wouldn't say were one big happy family, but we definitely work by the 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours mentality.' So the more people you get friendly with the easier it is to live here."

Smiling back to the twins, Kou said, "Yeah, this is Kaito. Kaito, this is June and Leo. They're twins. Kaito just got in the other day, you know, from our last show. I'm helping to show him around the place, and he's keeping me company in return, so it works out perfectly. We were just going to go see if dinner was ready yet. Care to join us?"

Checking to be sure Kaito wasn't freaking out too much, Kou led the way over to the mess hall. Sure enough, dinner was being served, and there were a number of people sitting up and down the huge table, with the two from earlier still cooking and serving. "Man, it actually smells good today," Kou admitted with a smile, gratified at the giggles from the twins. "Shall we?" he asked the others, glancing over at Kaito yet again.

((Sounds good to me. : ) The more the merrier!))  

milkymosaic
Crew

Sacrifice Kaigen

Romantic Noob

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:26 pm
Kaito smiled at each of the two as Kou introduced them, trying his hardest not to stare too long; he still wasn't completely used to everything yet.

He turned his head back in Kou's direction when he started talking again.

"That would be nice." June and Leo said in unison, Leo with a large smile, June with a small one.

Kaito and the twins followed Kou to the mess hall. Kaito took a deep breath through his nose, taking in the amazing scent of the food. When Kou spoke again, he looked over to him and nodded. "Yeah," he said with a smile.

Once they were seated at a table near the middle, Kaito looked between the three. "So," He started, pausing for thought. "What do the three of you do here? Other than helping set up camp?"

June and Leo gave him a sort of smile, "We attract people to come see the circus in the towns closest to where we camp." Leo said, both looking to Kou.

"And Kou here is a performer, and in my opinion, he's got one of the best voices I've heard in a long time."

Man, I'm sorry this is soooo short. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:55 pm
[Bump]  

Sacrifice Kaigen

Romantic Noob

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

milkymosaic
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:08 pm
"Yeah, they're one of the few who actually get to go outside. It's a pretty important job, though. I mean, things may be odd here, but being able to live still boils down to being able to make enough money to buy basic necessities, and if we don't have an audience, no one's paying us."

Gladly eating the unidentifiable yet tasty mush he'd been given, Kou blushed a bit at the complement.

"I hardly do anything. I just sing and dance. I mean, you'd think in a place like this I'd have something more to show for all these feathers and ill-set joints. But I guess they couldn't have let me fly. I'd just fly away." Sighing, he added, "But I'm sure even if I could they'd find some way to keep me here."

As he spoke, a few of the performers sitting near the small group stopped eating and threw frightened glares and glances at Kou. Not paying them any mind, he continued to eat, letting his wings droop against the back of the bench and brush the floor.

"Anyway, Kaito, June and Leo are two others you can rely on if you're ever in a tight spot. They've been good friends of mine for a while."

((WIP))  
[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces