Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
I'm frustrated

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:24 pm
I offer help, they turn me down. I offer advice, they ignore me. I offer truth, they accuse me of lies. So I give my opinion, a combination of the previous three, and they despise me. Very well. I can accept this. But don't ever say I didn't try.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:26 am
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just confused a bit, who is "they" that you are referring to?

We can try to help as many as we can but it's not always that they will see the truth and often times when they do it's too late.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:47 am
I'm just going to post the same thing I posted in YiC with regards to your thread: please be more specific. We'll be more than willing to help you if you give us a little bit more information. ^^;  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:15 am
faithful quenga
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just confused a bit, who is "they" that you are referring to?

We can try to help as many as we can but it's not always that they will see the truth and often times when they do it's too late.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

Mostly some friends I have... had... Not sure on that yet.

so, same topic, I'll post the same thing over here since basically the same questions were asked

It's several things.
People claim to be Christians yet believe things or do things that directly conflict with the Bible... The most basic things... the stuff that never gets debated because its so blatantly obvious. So I try to show them, through the Bible and through logic, where they're wrong and what the right thing is. I'm respectful and not trying to offend in any way. But then they bring their buddies into it and end up in an argument thats like 4 against me or something.

Then other people choose to ask me for help and advice. I gladly do what I can to help and give the best advice I can, also based on Scripture and logic. This is what I get in response, "I know you're right, but..." and then go off and do what they want even after then just sayd they know I'm right. So now I've just been giving my opinion. Which is really a combination of the advice and help and truth I've been telling them. They don't seem to like that. It's actually causeing me to lose some friends.  

Seraphim6496

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:33 pm
When giving advice, I find that there are some major things to keep in mind:

1. Whether or not they want advice. The easiest way is to keep to yourself until they ask for advice or help. but even then...

2. Determine what they actually want to hear. When someone asks for help, sometimes they don't want to know what the "absolute" truth is, they just want to know how the truth applies to them. Others just want encouragement, or to be comforted. Still others just want to to be told that they are right, and will get angry when told otherwise.
It takes a bit of interpretation of what they need or want.

3. Everybody interprets things differently and everybody's life is different. You have to be understanding of where they're coming from. Some people don't listen to logic because they don't want to hear what logical, they want to hear that somebody cares first. That's why love is so much greater than any logic.

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2

I'm not saying that you don't care about your friends, because you clearly do if you want to help them. However, I feel like instead of seeing you as loving, they're seeing you as strict, self-righteous, or trying to force them to be someone they're not.

I've seen way too many friendships ruined because of exactly what you're describing. I have a friend who had to change schools because his former friends had ostracized him so much because he tried to change them from their 'non-Christian' ways. There were too many fights, too much anger, and not enough love. He even asked for forgiveness and they wouldn't give it to him, because he (not they) had hardened their hearts so much.

If you really want to be a friend, love them who they are FIRST. Live your own life in the way that you know is right. Then when they ask for help or the right thing to do, that's when you come in.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:31 pm
Saint Crazy S Requiem
When giving advice, I find that there are some major things to keep in mind:

1. Whether or not they want advice. The easiest way is to keep to yourself until they ask for advice or help. but even then...

2. Determine what they actually want to hear. When someone asks for help, sometimes they don't want to know what the "absolute" truth is, they just want to know how the truth applies to them. Others just want encouragement, or to be comforted. Still others just want to to be told that they are right, and will get angry when told otherwise.
It takes a bit of interpretation of what they need or want.

3. Everybody interprets things differently and everybody's life is different. You have to be understanding of where they're coming from. Some people don't listen to logic because they don't want to hear what logical, they want to hear that somebody cares first. That's why love is so much greater than any logic.

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2

I'm not saying that you don't care about your friends, because you clearly do if you want to help them. However, I feel like instead of seeing you as loving, they're seeing you as strict, self-righteous, or trying to force them to be someone they're not.

I've seen way too many friendships ruined because of exactly what you're describing. I have a friend who had to change schools because his former friends had ostracized him so much because he tried to change them from their 'non-Christian' ways. There were too many fights, too much anger, and not enough love. He even asked for forgiveness and they wouldn't give it to him, because he (not they) had hardened their hearts so much.

If you really want to be a friend, love them who they are FIRST. Live your own life in the way that you know is right. Then when they ask for help or the right thing to do, that's when you come in.

1. They came to me asking for help and advice.

2. I am showing haow the truth applies to them, telling them how it applies to them. If they merely need encouragement or to be comforted, I do my best, but that isn't really what I'm talking about here...
As for wanting to be told they're right... Trust me, that doesn't apply here.

3. I'm pretty sure they don't think I'm self-righteous, I'm the first to admit that I'm pathetic, weak, and sinful. I'm not trying to force them to be something they're not, these people calim to be Christian, yet ignore several of the basics of Christianity. If I'm loving... I know I need to be... and I try to be.. but whether or not that's the impression I give... I'm not sure...  

Seraphim6496

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:49 am
God knows your heart does He not? He knows all things and those who persecute you because of your Love for God be glad, because he has many rewards for you. You have many testimonies, but it is ok. He is with you every step of the way and knows how you feel. Do not worry or be upset about what others say. You're precious to Him and He doesn't want you to give up. Do not let the enemy take the advantage. You are pleasing the Lord to those you go to.  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games