Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Prison Tournament (Dnd 3.5 Accepting ideas and players)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teams or Single?
  2 man Teams
  3 man Teams
  4 man Teams
  Single
View Results

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:13 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]
  • 7]
  • 8]

[ Background ]
You are a prisoner in Farfrost prison, where you was sent to work in the iron mines and to die. You had certainly been forgotten by the civilians of the kingdom of Twinrock.

But, today is different, today the warden has gathered all of your fellow inmates and made an announcement. The prison will be holding a tournament, and all inmates and guards can join. The grand prize your freedom. He later went on to talk about the only rule, no fighting or killing each other outside the chosen area anyone caught breaking this rule will be put to death.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources:
Player's handbook
Player's handbook 2
Dungeon Masters Guild
Monster Manual
Monster Manual 2
Expanded Psionic Handbook
Arms and Equipment

Please ask prior to using content from any of the following: Dragon Magazine, Homebrew, any other book not banned, or 3rd-Party Sourcebooks
Banned Resources: Weapons of legend

ECL: 5th
Gold: 0
Ability Scores*:5d6 drop the lowest two, 6 times Or 4d6, drop the lowest, 8 times Or 36 point buy
xxxxxxxxxx*State what roll set you are going to use or if you are going with the point buy. If you don't like your roll or you don't want to chance it, you may use the 36 point buy. You can reroll any other ones you get, but if you get all ones on a roll that isn't a 3 but a 19.
Hit Points: Maximum first level, roll 2HD for each level afterward. Re-roll any ones, take the best of the two rolls.
Alignments: Any
Pantheon: Any.
Backgrounds: Optional. 1 extra feat and/or up to 4 extra skill points may be awarded for one if in the background you give a reason why you should have them and the reason is okay by me.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]We will be using the Recharge magic option
2]Familiars/animal companions/mounts/Cohorts must have their own character sheet.
3]If you want to substitute something just ask, if I think it is a fair sub then I will okay it.
4]Initiatives will be taken at group average

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Because I can't run two polls at the same time. I am going to ask you here.

As you seen their isn't any gold reserves for your character, which made sense to me because you are a prisoner. So, my question is, should I make a group of weapon and armor sets and you chose from the sets, or allow you to chose your own weapons and just limit it?

If I create the sets, I will be drawing inspiration from the gladiators sets of old Rome.

If I limit it then, I will just set a number to the number of items you can use and an amount the items can be, from there, allow non-magical weapons and armor, alchemical items, and low level magic items. (level 1-2 scrolls and potions) No wondrous items  

glitterboypilot

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:02 pm
glitterboypilot

As you seen their isn't any gold reserves for your character, which made sense to me because you are a prisoner. So, my question is, should I make a group of weapon and armor sets and you chose from the sets, or allow you to chose your own weapons and just limit it?

If I create the sets, I will be drawing inspiration from the gladiators sets of old Rome.

If I limit it then, I will just set a number to the number of items you can use and an amount the items can be, from there, allow non-magical weapons and armor, alchemical items, and low level magic items. (level 1-2 scrolls and potions) No wondrous items
You can let 'em spend gold on their equipment, and the rest of the gold that wasn't spent disappears. Maybe put a tax on magical weapons, since they're on a prison. Maybe they get magical items starting thanks to being granted more privileges for winning battles. Up to you, brah.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:55 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
glitterboypilot

You can let 'em spend gold on their equipment, and the rest of the gold that wasn't spent disappears. Maybe put a tax on magical weapons, since they're on a prison. Maybe they get magical items starting thanks to being granted more privileges for winning battles. Up to you, brah.

I like that, well part of it. I just don't want people starting with magical weapons and armor, or wondrous items for that matter for the very reason that they are in a prison.

Gold will be given like normal, for weapons armor items including alchemical. Master work items and magical will cost 150% more then normal price. Also what you don't spend is bye bye.

I will grant the winner to 'request' a new weapon/item/whatever, with in reason, and it will be delivered to you at the start of the next match.

Also, what no one wants to test there mantle alone? lol  

glitterboypilot

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:57 am
glitterboypilot
Keith Valken Lionheart
glitterboypilot

I like that, well part of it. I just don't want people starting with magical weapons and armor, or wondrous items for that matter for the very reason that they are in a prison.

Gold will be given like normal, for weapons armor items including alchemical. Master work items and magical will cost 150% more then normal price. Also what you don't spend is bye bye.

I will grant the winner to 'request' a new weapon/item/whatever, with in reason, and it will be delivered to you at the start of the next match.

Also, what no one wants to test there mantle alone? lol
Yeah, they're in prison, but someone could be sponsoring the best fighters with better equipment. Maybe some rich people bet on who will win or lose, and give the best fighters magical weapons.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:56 pm
Hmmm...

Are we allowed to use the stuff presented on Crystalkeep's equipment PDF? Even if the stuff's not presented in your available books, most of them are listed out in good detail when it concerns their abilities and whatever else.

In addition, what's the arena going to be like, since this is a fantasy gladiator match-up? Are we talking trap-laden stuff, an arena surrounded by lava or some other death trap, and what not, or is it all just balls-to-the-wall "I'm gonna kill you dead" fighting?  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:37 pm
Also, would I be allowed to use the druid variants I'd used last time in your campaign (the start of the rest of your life)? It'd be nice to fire off a few spells before wading into combat...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:58 pm
I do have more books than I listed, though, those are the only ones I had with me at time it type it out. I have a lot more, but, I didn't wish anyone to be at a disadvantage because they didn't know another class could do something.

In that retrospect, I deny you form using your druid variants. If I remember right, part of them came from the forgotten realms, books I still don't have.

As far as your question about the match up, I don't know. My original idea was have a list of possiblities, Some arena fights with traps, including the death type, and others a straight with an oddity, Like fighting in knee deep water. But, alas I am finding it hard to find a map or maps to use.

And with Crystal keep, most of it is okay. just check with me on material that is from Dragon Magazine or Dungeon Magazine.

I really would wish a clear winner would be chosen for the poll. that way people could build there characters, knowing if they are part of a team or alone.  

glitterboypilot

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:58 pm
You don't have to use a map to play 3.5, just tell 'em the distance they're at from each other.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:48 am
glitterboypilot
I do have more books than I listed, though, those are the only ones I had with me at time it type it out. I have a lot more, but, I didn't wish anyone to be at a disadvantage because they didn't know another class could do something.

In that retrospect, I deny you form using your druid variants. If I remember right, part of them came from the forgotten realms, books I still don't have.

As far as your question about the match up, I don't know. My original idea was have a list of possiblities, Some arena fights with traps, including the death type, and others a straight with an oddity, Like fighting in knee deep water. But, alas I am finding it hard to find a map or maps to use.

And with Crystal keep, most of it is okay. just check with me on material that is from Dragon Magazine or Dungeon Magazine.

I really would wish a clear winner would be chosen for the poll. that way people could build there characters, knowing if they are part of a team or alone.

I used mine from Unearthed Arcana. When did you see me using forgotten realms? I never used that...  

Slave Xaccheus

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:57 am
I thought you wanted to over enhance (pun pun, I believe the term is.) the driud class.

I must be thinking of a different person, different game or something. College does that to your mind, it sucks. crying I can't even remember what...oh, a penny!

Unearthed Arcana, would be just fine.

Oh, this doesn't just go for you Eternality but everyone. NO GUNS...any questions?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 pm
Okay, final questions:

How deep underground are we in this prison?

Is the power behind this kingdom good or evil?

What's the terrain like on the surface, including guards and what-not?

Is there anything to worry about below the mines or further along in un-mined areas?

In the event of a mine-wide prison riot: A.) How long would it take for the guards to stop the riot, and B.) Would it be possible to sneak out during the commotion?

Where would the "purchased" equipment be kept?

and finally:

If it would be possible to sneak out, how long would escapees have before every constable in the kingdom is up their a**?  

Slave Xaccheus

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:29 pm
You remind me of my brother...Always with the questions before the game.

How deep underground are we in this prison?
Unknown, but a drow would feel at home at these depths.

Is the power behind this kingdom good or evil?
Twinrock is ruled by a tyrant of a king at the moment. Anyone who even sneezes wrong is sent to Farfrost.

What's the terrain like on the surface, including guards and what-not?It isn't called Farfrost for nothing. The area above is believed to be unlivable for most races. Think the middle of Antarctica and you wouldn't be far off.

Is there anything to worry about below the mines or further along in un-mined areas? further in is unknown, there are stories ranging from a Colossal dragon sleeping down there to a way out... It is just known that people that go that far down with out the protection of the guards normally don't come back.

In the event of a mine-wide prison riot: A.) How long would it take for the guards to stop the riot, and B.) Would it be possible to sneak out during the commotion?

A) Depends on the area, few seconds to a few hours for the caves.

B) I don't see why not.

Where would the "purchased" equipment be kept?
Unknown to prisoners, guards deliver it moments before your match.

If it would be possible to sneak out, how long would escapees have before every constable in the kingdom is up their a**? 1 day Minimal form the time they send the word to a week max. Again believed to be unlivable terrain. So, if they give the word and you don't show up in any towns or cities for a week they believe you are dead.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:55 pm
Okay, so I'll definitely be needing eschew materials, which I can get from my backstory.

If it's alright with you, I'd like to use a few poisons and alchemical materials presented in Savage Species and Oriental Adventures. From OA, I'm using Liquid Smoke (smoke fills ten foot cube, dissipates in one round) Eggshell Grenades (Dust blinds enemy for 1d4 rounds on direct hit; any creatures within 5 foot radius need DC 10 fort save or go blind for 1 round, Pepper: DC 10 fortitude save or be stunned for one round; no splash radius) and Jellyfish poison (2d12 hp initial, secondary 1d6 constitution, DC 16). From Savage Species, I'm using Aboleth Mucus (DC 19 fortitude save, or you can't breathe air for three hours; dousing with water can prevent suffocation) Flash Tubes (DC 13, everything within 60 feet radius can go blind for 1d3 rounds) Frostfire (1d6 cold on direct hit, DC 15 reflex saving throw allows scraping off. 1d6 cold following round every time scraping does not occur. Can be neutralized with a quart of vinegar, alcohol, and the like), and a spore flask (1d8 damage to all within a five foot radius of where it hits, followed by 1d2 points of damage every round for 10 rounds. Delay poison stops the spores onset for the duration of the spell, bless, neutralize poison, or remove disease kills the spores, as does a sprinkling of holy water).

Anything else I'm using can be found on the crystalkeep pdf.  

Slave Xaccheus

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff