Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
I have anger issues.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:53 pm
User Image

I do.

It's mainly twords my parents, we have never really got along at all.
They can ask me a question and i just pop off at them.
I say pretty mean things and I don't know that I do it until after i do it.
It makes me feel horrible and I know that it isn't ok and I hurt their feelings.
I hate having my fits of anger and rage.

Please don't talk down to me like I'm some sort of selfish brat.

What can I do to stop this.
Surely someone has this issue too.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 pm
I really admire you. You took the first step necessary in order to transform in spirit: confessing your fault to someone else.

James 5:16
16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

That's pretty powerful scripture and a pretty powerful action that you just took. I would like to let you know that you will be in my prayers and I pray that you relinquish yourself and your anger to the Lord so that He may assist you in your transformation.

I suggest that you pray to him and ask him to help you change your ways so that you don't become as irritable towards your parents. If you are a teen, it's a natural reaction to become increasingly irritable with your parents. But even though it's natural, it's not okay. I'm just glad that you realize that.

Next time you become angry at them for whatever reason (or angry at anyone else for that matter) remember God and keep Him at heart. Before you become enraged, stop and think about the situation. Is it something to become angry over? Is it something that deserves that much energy out of you? If the answer to the questions I posted is no, then you really need to rethink your emotions and keep them in check.

Anger isn't always bad. Sometimes it's a good thing. There are many examples of righteous anger in the bible. But if we are angry for our own selfish reasons, then it becomes a sin and is something we need to have a careful watch over.

James 1:20
20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

I have anger issues. I do. But I need to remember that I'm just giving into my emotions when I become all angry and riled up. Instead, I have been practicing not getting angry by remembering the scriptures and praying to God before I speak. Not only do we hurt others when we become angry, but we become hazardous to ourselves as well.

Instead of getting worked up over whatever your parents said or did, remember all the good things that they have done for you or provided you with. Then pray to God that He heals you of your angry spirit and gives you the patience you need to tolerate your parents.

Wishboxx

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:19 pm
i have really bad anger issues, but i've managed to get really good control over them (except when driving.. PEOPLE ARE DUMBBBBBB) the first thing that let me do this is discipline. 15 years of martial arts gave me the confidence and discipline i needed to control my emotions better. With this discipline comes the power to do perhaps the best thing if you feel yourself getting worked up: walk away. sometimes the best things said, are never said at all. try working on when you feel the fits of anger creep up to close your mouth, turn around, and walk away. though it may seem rude, its the building block for eventually being able to be asked a question, look them in the face, get extremely mad, but hold the smile and never say mean things. its not easy, and i know what you are going through. i'll hold you in my prayers.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:57 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I think it's really brave of you to admit this. I have anger issues myself and admitting is always the first step to a better way.

Romans 7:18 comes to mind "I know that nothing good lives in my that is in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good and I cannot carry it out."

anger itself is not a sin, but what we do with it that is sin. I say try praying to God to reveal why you have outburst of anger toward your parents. Maybe there is a resentment you harbor against them subconsciously?

If you would like to talk you can PM me anytime and I can be there if you need to vent. I understand what you're going through and I will be praying for you!

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:50 pm
User Image

Thanks everyone!
I have other issues too but this is by far the worst.
I hate fighting and dishonoring my parents.

I think that the reason why I do it is because when I was little I would see my family fighting and getting into pretty heated arguments with my brother.
I think that when I was little I learned that it was ok to act like that because i saw everyone else acting like that.
Now i know better.
It took a good seventeen years but now I know better.

I think that when I finally get my license witch will be in a few weeks I'm going to go volunteer at the animal shelter.
I think that that would be a good outlet.
I think I will also take some classes at the church that I go too.

I'm praying about it, today I was running errands with my mom and we didn't have a single fight.
No yelling, cussing, or bickering.
Praise God for that!
^_^

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:03 pm
Get into a sport or something and take out your anger during that sport. Mine was taking it out on the ball when playng soccer.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:12 pm
User Image

Since I'm trying to loose weight i think that I might look into taking an aerobics or a dance class.
I'm a couch potato, I don't think that i have the endurance for a actual sport.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:14 pm
gothic_black_rose
Get into a sport or something and take out your anger during that sport. Mine was taking it out on the ball when playng soccer.

Playing a sport is a great way to work out some anger. I take out my frustrations when I'm on the tennis court.  

Wishboxx

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:42 pm
My dear, it seems as if your parents approach you on all sides, making you slightly go off on them. Remember, to hold a pure heart in you. Sometimes it's good to listen to what they say, and agree. Advice can be taken of advantages in the future, even if it's from our family or parents. Sometimes, we grow into this. I also believe you have been hurt several times, and your heart is afraid of that continuous hurt. The Lord, will heal all your wounds, and strengthen you. That way, you continue to move mountains, and not go around the same one. I'm sure they want what is best for you, so continue to honor them as much as you can, because spiritually, that's what makes the Heavenly Father so proud.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:02 am
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

Thanks everyone!
I have other issues too but this is by far the worst.
I hate fighting and dishonoring my parents.

I think that the reason why I do it is because when I was little I would see my family fighting and getting into pretty heated arguments with my brother.
I think that when I was little I learned that it was ok to act like that because i saw everyone else acting like that.
Now i know better.
It took a good seventeen years but now I know better.

I think that when I finally get my license witch will be in a few weeks I'm going to go volunteer at the animal shelter.
I think that that would be a good outlet.
I think I will also take some classes at the church that I go too.

I'm praying about it, today I was running errands with my mom and we didn't have a single fight.
No yelling, cussing, or bickering.
Praise God for that!
^_^

User Image

You can tickle me pink,
orange, red, or
blue, but not grey

It's like I'm looking into a mirror. Word for word. O_O (Except for the brother part, I'm the oldest with no brothers.)

Anyway, I do know exactly how this feels and after praying a lot my relationship with my parents got better. That was back in January, right now I'm kind of backsliding a bit (mostly because of personal issues) : ( But I'm praying hard (for both of us now) to just have good relationships with our parents and not dishonor them in anyway. ^^

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:55 am
The Lord wants you to listen to Him more. He wants you to remain obedient.  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games