Submit

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:15 am
RAWR Goes to Hollywood

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:02 am
Scavenger Hunt Instructions:

Team up with 2 other people to make a crew of 3.

Choose a team name and who your leader will be.

Contact DJ StraitJacket or raisedpassion to get started.

Your leader will be sent a PM with a list of 30 items to find, the hunt begins at this time for your team.

Whatever strategy your team chooses is fine. Working together or splitting up is at your discretion.

Upon finding an item, take a screenshot with at least 1 team member in the picture.

Get as many items off the list as you can, but it's ok if you don't get em all. (This isn't Pokemon). Your team will not be penalized for getting a riddle wrong, you just won't get the point for it.

After your team finishes the hunt, reply to the PM from RAWR by putting your screenshot of the item under the corresponding line. You will not be credited for a screenshot for item #5 if its listed under item #3.

The very second you hit "send" your team has completed the scavenger hunt.

Placements:

No matter how long it takes, the team with the highest number of correct screenshots wins.

However, in the event of a tie for standings occurs, completion time will be considered. A team that scored 15 shots and completed in 1 hour will come in at a higher standing than another team that scored the same number of shots, but in a longer amount of time.

That's what makes the reply PM so important. The time of the sending PM will be subtracted from the response PM to get your team's completion time. The sooner you get that reply back to us, the better it is for your team.

I plan to give prizes to the top 3 teams, but nothing extravagant. "it's mostly for fun." (First one other than crew who can tell me where that quote is from wins a prize.)

Deadline for the reply PM to RAWR with the screenshots is 12pm edt, Saturday, 9/11. Just send the PM back to whoever sent it to you. That gives your team 12-15 hours to get everything straight.

I need to have each team leader reply to this thread stating their team has read and understand the rules. Failure to do so will result in your team being disqualified, Team members, be sure that your leader posted here.  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 am
Updated: 9/19/10, How to take screenshots with the keyboard:
If you can get Jing, it will save you alot of hassle, but if you can't, the keyboard will do fine. Screenshots with the keyboard are pretty easy, just several steps are involved.

1. Open "Paint" (start / programs / accessories / paint). Most computers have this program but if not paint, whatever photo editing software you have should work.

2. When you get what you want on the screen, press the "Print Screen" or "Prnt Scrn" button. It's on the right hand top side of the keyboard. This will copy a screenshot of your entire desktop to the clipboard.

3. Go back to paint and paste the picture (edit / paste). Be sure to trim unwanted items from the picture. For example, you don't want to leave the amount of gold you have in the picture.

The way I do it is i use the selection tool to select JUST what I want, copy then paste it into a new picture. Another option is to paint over stuff real quick with the paintbrush.

4. Save the pic as a JPEG to your computer.

Updated: 9/19/10,Another option for Windows 7 users, and possibly Vista.
Similiar to Jing, Windows 7 has the snipping tool installed by default. (start / programs / accessories / Snipping Tool). If you have it, try it out. This program is a better solution than using the keyboard, but I found it fustrating and uncooperative at times.

How to take screenshots and get them into a PM:

Find a program called Jing on the internet. It's really good for taking screenies.

Download and install the free version.

Create a user account. it comes with a tutorial that makes it real nice, or you can skip it and figure it out for yourself.

Make a new folder to store your screenies in (it makes it easier that way).

How to upload and get them into a PM:

I use photobucket myself. Other people use different sites, whatever is fine.

Create a photobucket account. upload all the pics from the folder to your account.

For a PM, use the IMG code. copy / paste the img code to the position under the the correct line in the PM.

Preview the PM to make sure everything is right.

Send the PM.

Wait for me to post the results smile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:18 am
Remember to have the team leaders post here that their team has read and understood the rules.  

raisedpassion
Captain

Lumiere Histoire

Lonely Gatekeeper

6,550 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:47 pm
i only have me though but i can be a team all by myself  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 am
I don't have a team. .-.  

Kojas

Sir rave-A-lot rolled 20 100-sided dice: 20, 11, 19, 23, 49, 57, 13, 1, 37, 74, 73, 99, 46, 55, 72, 63, 78, 30, 62, 50 Total: 932 (20-2000)

Sir rave-A-lot

Fashionable Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:10 am
what if u dont have a team or ur friends dont come  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:11 pm
I have a question, I heard you can take screenshots of your desktop, I know how to do it,but I forgot......was it shift + control + something?  

Wuppa Wuppa

Beloved Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kojas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:18 pm
I am so sorry, but is it just me or all of these events SUCK!? I went to some with the links and no one it ever there. .-. it feels like someone is yanking my chain.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:05 pm
kojas4
I am so sorry, but is it just me or all of these events SUCK!? I went to some with the links and no one it ever there. .-. it feels like someone is yanking my chain.

I am terribly sorry if no one is there,That is probably A:The event is over or B:You would have copy and paste the link to your web browser.As the last event i went to it didnt work properly and when i copied and pasted it worked fine and the event turned out great!  

revolution evolution

Man-Hungry Detective

9,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

black_leather_biker_chick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:15 am
Death may surround me......

User Image

The event happen except the scavenger hunt since not many were interested at this point in time. We do hope to try and host another one soon.

User Image

But I do not embrace it

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:23 am
kojas4
I always test the links to make sure they work. Gaia is really glitchy with EVERYTHING. If the links are broken, maybe rev's post about copying and pasting the link into your browser will help?

If you are missing the events, what time zone are you? Maybe we can schedule something around you?

If the events suck, give me an idea for something you like better. We are innovative and your ideas are welcomed.

I'm going to PM this to you to make sure you get it.

~raisedpassion  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:39 am
Originally I had planned to do the scavenger hunt as a side activity during an MTV Party. People are showing interest, but twice it didn't seem to work out. I'm working out a new way to deploy this to RAWR. At this point, I'm open for suggestions.

Should we make it a weekend event where you sign up then I mail the list at say... Friday 5pm then you have until Sunday 5pm to complete?

Input please.

Also, I'm going to update the screenshot instructions on how to take a screenshot with the keyboard. I originally left it out because Jing is so much easier. I've come to understand that not everyone is able to install it.

Thank you.  
Research and Development of the Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff