Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
This is going to sound weird, but....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 pm
Anyone heard of Demon Souls? Well I have been bating around the idea, of an rp based off of that game, for some time now. I was wondering if someone would like to help me get that idea off the ground?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:03 pm
wouldn't be a bad idea, but i can't really be of help.

that is one mean game.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:08 pm
It shouldn't be so hard. Not much lore about Boletaria, but the whole killing demons thing should be fun. It'll end up like any other D&D game though.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:37 pm
I know....I only recently beat the game for the first time.
Stupid blue dragon....

Edit to Keith's commit

Agreed, but I haven't been the DM so I don't know how. Also, I don't know how to create new monsters.  

Alzzak

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
It shouldn't be so hard. Not much lore about Boletaria, but the whole killing demons thing should be fun. It'll end up like any other D&D game though.

I dunno what this topic is, but I think this is a HORRIBLE reply. D&D games end up only that way if the players and/or the DM let it get that way. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:05 am
Rain Yupa
Keith Valken Lionheart

I dunno what this topic is, but I think this is a HORRIBLE reply. D&D games end up only that way if the players and/or the DM let it get that way. razz
True, you got a point there, BUT Demon's Souls setting is quite generic. It's your typical demon hunting in medieval times kind of game. And even then, only a kingdom is affected; the rest of the world is fine, except Boletaria.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:11 am
You think it's only the one kingdom, until you realize you've been trapped in the Desolate Barrens of Oublivae the entire time, nooooo!!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:02 am
Ahhh....No I wasn't meaning the story of the game but the mechanics more or less.

Like....

If you die you don't go to the afterlife just yet, but you are still able to fight just at reduced stats. (If you die again, then I would say you are dead)

Money is set up more off of a single thing, like the souls, instead of gold silver copper bronze etc.

Come to think on it maybe a Jade Empire/Demon Souls kind of game. I was meaning on building a new system, maybe one based on another one(DnD 4/3.5, pathfinder, smelly things, Heroes, Naruto, D6 Adventure etc). And that is why I needed help  

Alzzak

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:05 am
They actually have a world setting that I dabbled with a LONG time ago (in 3.0, before 3.5 was released). It's called Ghostwalk, but no longer supported. That might be kind of what you had in mind? Or, maybe it could offer you a few ideas to supplement your own if you look into it?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:32 pm
I will have to read though that book. Though, I am thinking on just using testing my ideas with a pre-made system for now. It will take me some time to gather the ideas and get them down. But for now, any suggestions on dnd 3.0 3.5 4.0 or where to hold said game?  

Alzzak

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:25 pm
For 4th, you can make it so that when you die, you're resurrected as if by a Raise Dead ritual, except you're incorporeal. You get a bonus to Str, because you're actually stronger in Phantom mode in DS, and a penalty to Con, maybe -5 HP as well.When you die, you're teleported to a place called the Nexus, where you can do menial things like buying weapons and items, chatting it up, etc.

Shouldn't be that hard to set up.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:33 pm
I have four character, all soul level 80 ish. Since the game gets boring after 100, and PvP is only fun in low levels. My best built character is my dual guillotine axe guy who runs around chopping people in Act 1-3.

I think Demon Souls would be interesting.  

Deadusernamelol

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff