Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Church Attendance?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrome Prince

Dapper Darling

14,150 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:11 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:33 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I believe Church attendance is important. I believe it's important to find a church that you're being fed at.

We can study the bible on our own and we can fellowship with believers outside of a church setting, but I think it's important to have a teacher ( a pastor/preacher ) help guide you through the bible.

For me going to church is about going to bible study on Sunday morning. About being with people who are in the same class as me (young married / married with young children). We all learn from our teacher and from each other. We share in prayer and there is something quite special about a group of praying people to me.

Then there is the gathering in the sanctuary for praise and worship music and then the pastor preaching a sermon. We are all there to support each other and learn. At times we share in the baptism of someone or seeing someone come to Christ. It's all very uplifting for me and it helps me stay focused on God's will.

I would never assume someone is a non believer just because they don't go to church. People can be fed by the lord in many different ways I think.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Chrome Prince

Dapper Darling

14,150 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:49 pm
Does it make me less of a person that I don't go, though?
For various reasons.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:54 pm
Scripture states we need to fellowship. "Where two or more are gathered in my name I am there."  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:06 pm
Denny Valentine
Does it make me less of a person that I don't go, though?
For various reasons.
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

it doesn't make you any less of a person at all. There are many reasons someone may not be able at attend church.

My point is that fellowship, in some form or another, with other believers, is important, and necessary for us to grow.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:41 pm
I dont think that people who aren't true believers if they go to church regularly, but I go. I find myself in a better mood after going to church. After a week of being worn down in the world, i go back to church and afterwards I feel renewed every Sunday.  

X_Valentine_Lovegood_X

Gregar828

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:06 pm
I personally try to go to church every sunday, and if its an unavoidable circumstance (I'm camping, family emergency, ETC) I just say a few extra prayers. I personally think of church as an important weekly ritual in a christians life. But thats just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:19 pm
Take this as a game (Later on, it will be on reality)

If you dislike this game or have no interest on it, then you wouldnt play it.

If you do like the game, you would be playing it for a long time.

If you dislike Christianity, this means that "Christians" dont have this passion for God and wouldn't or dont want to go to church regularly. There's this kid in my church. He RLY dislikes church and every time he arrives at church, he just wishes that he wasnt at church. If your just like this kid in my church and you go to church, it becomes pointless and "S2pid" to go to church. Now, what I said at the "What is our main goal as Christians in life?" topic, you shouldnt force people to go to church. That just totally kills the purpose of Christianity and God. But it's always great for them to go to retreats and activities outside of church like bowling or skating. People find God in their own ways and times. But they may never find God at all : /

Christians that are very passionate about God would like to learn more about him. I want to know him and so I go to church every Sunday. I learn important things every Sunday and I always reflect on it 24/7.

I conclude saying that church attendance isnt important. If your love for God is dull and poor, going to church is meaningless.  

JrSuper

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:24 pm
User Image

I feel that as long as you believe and you repent your sins, pay...
Share the word and proudly say that you are a
Christian then it's all good.
I don't think that going to church is required, but as long as you believe it's all good. =/

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:24 am
Though it is important to go to church,it is in no way required.I will go but family comes first  

psychocat Inc

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:23 pm
I think it is impotent to fellowship with other brothers and sisters in Christ at church. I attend every Sunday now, (unless i am super sick and dont want to get others sick) I love worshiping the God that saved my life more then once.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:41 pm
Truly, attending church does not bring salvation. The Holy Spirit has made it so that I..can't miss church. It is like I am hungry and I need to eat spiritual food. I read the Bible to feed myself, but I still yearn to go to church to participate in fellowship and learn more. It is very much a spiritual hunger because I want to grow and glorify and praise God with song and thanksgiving. I wish Sunday was everyday so I could spend all time there. I hated going when I was a kid, but I did not have an understanding as I do now. I get excited when the week ends because Sunday comes up. heart  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items