Sooooooo. Snakes. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:29 pm
Ah, I know how that is. Usually, if I ever ask my mom for a new pet, she'll instantly say no, but when I get it home she usually warms up to it.

As for colleges, I've been wondering about that for a while. So I've been researching apartments and houses for rent near campus that allow pets. Though, Florida is apparently allowing dogs and cats on campuses now??? :O

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:47 pm
Check out my awesome non-reading skills.

I wonder how most apartments feel about reptiles... 'cuz even if I went off campus I have to provide for him for at least 20 years. So my current plan has to do with waiting until I'm somewhat settled before getting myself any pets that are really /mine/ not like family pets.
To the Google-mobile?

A lot of people are terrified of snakes... I hope you can convince her that they aren't all that bad :c
(( it's so funny, when the herp. club here is around, a good number of girls give it a wide berth ))
Maybe I should chat with them to get my snake fix until I'm ready to own...

Horntastic

Dapper Phantom

11 Cardinal 11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:00 pm
The college my husband went to is completely pet-intolerant as far as the dorms go. On Facebook pics have appeared from one of the guys in the dorms that has a large kiddie pool set up for two red-eared sliders. They have suspended basking lights and basking spots and a large cave. Its completely decked out and 'hidden' in the middle of a dorm room. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:06 pm
Horntastic

I wonder how most apartments feel about reptiles... 'cuz even if I went off campus I have to provide for him for at least 20 years. So my current plan has to do with waiting until I'm somewhat settled before getting myself any pets that are really /mine/ not like family pets.
To the Google-mobile?

A lot of people are terrified of snakes... I hope you can convince her that they aren't all that bad :c
(( it's so funny, when the herp. club here is around, a good number of girls give it a wide berth ))

suprisingly most of the apartments in my area allow snakes but were iffy about rats and non caged animals.

i lived at home while going to college, though it was only community college and really sucked  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Akiska

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:50 am
A lot of dorms I know don't allow tanks larger than 10 gallons. And while I was researching colleges myself a lot of them do not allow first year students to live off campus. So Freshman year would be spent on campus. I get to opt out of that though seeing as I'm engaged and living with the fiance.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:33 pm
Akiska
A lot of dorms I know don't allow tanks larger than 10 gallons. And while I was researching colleges myself a lot of them do not allow first year students to live off campus. So Freshman year would be spent on campus. I get to opt out of that though seeing as I'm engaged and living with the fiance.

The plan wasn't my living off campus, but my housing my snake at his abode and my traveling there to feed and care for him.  

Azusanga

Arab Duke v2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:43 am
Jeeed
I had a ball python for about 10 years named monty. Miss him sad He got sick

I want a rainbow boa once I get my own house:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

so beautiful gonk

rip  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:37 am
Horntastic

To the Google-mobile?

sadly this is in a nut shell what I am going thorugh, I just recently adopted a bally python baby but due to the fact my mom is horrified of snakes I can not keep her in my mom's house.

luckily my friend has a snake of her own and she is more or less snake sitting for me right now.
until me and my boyfriend can move out and find a place of our own then I intend on bringing my baby home. I go to visit her as often as I can and I know she is being well taken care of. But its still hard for me to have her far away from me.  

Stella_Starwind

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces