Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Looking for Experienced DM for 3.5 Game

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seiryna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:37 am
So it's late and I have this crazy idea, I'm also bad at explaining stuff soo bare with me. I'm bad at DMing, but I'm really good at making stories for characters. The problem is most DMs are to...uncreative? lazy? to appreciate all the work I put in to my characters, and seem to want 'dumbed' down characters. Who will do whatever the DM says to do, and just run an easy good vs evil kick the door down and kill everything kinda game. With little to no role playing and more roll playing.
So my crazy idea is to instead of trying to find a game where the DM already has all their ideas down, and doesn't care about the players all that much. Is to find a Dm that will work with me to make a game. This doesn't mean the whole will be about my character, but that my character will have her own dreams/goals she'll be trying to accomplish with in the game. (Something I've found a lot of DMs to just hate, but maybe I have bad luck with DMs? Actually I know I do.)
Game will NOT be played on gaia, if I actually find someone and we get a game going.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:13 pm
I'd like Dm'ing. And I actually encourage the characters in my campaigns to make their characters more in-depth so I can incorporate them into the game, do some real role-playing and evolving of the charries.
If not gaia. It what format would the game be played?  

Jay Friks

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Been DMing for many years now. And while I enjoy playing a character I like playing the bad guy too. And I believe you can't really be all you can be in the bad department unless you are a DM. Remember they have the final say.
That being said I don't like Cut and dry games. There are many faces of evil and many areas of gray. And I like the PC as well as the NPCs to tie well into story lines.
I started my DMing on AD&D but moved to 3.0 then of course 3.5 was my longest ran. I have now moved to Pathfinder and find a lot of what they have done is awesome. I am currently building and converting my very long and deep 'world' to fit in both 3.5 and Pathfinder.

Anyway moving on. Are you looking to play a character in it or is this strictly for others to play?
And finally what is the idea? ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:29 pm
The Jester of Equilibrium
Been DMing for many years now. And while I enjoy playing a character I like playing the bad guy too. And I believe you can't really be all you can be in the bad department unless you are a DM. Remember they have the final say.
That being said I don't like Cut and dry games. There are many faces of evil and many areas of gray. And I like the PC as well as the NPCs to tie well into story lines.
I started my DMing on AD&D but moved to 3.0 then of course 3.5 was my longest ran. I have now moved to Pathfinder and find a lot of what they have done is awesome. I am currently building and converting my very long and deep 'world' to fit in both 3.5 and Pathfinder.

Anyway moving on. Are you looking to play a character in it or is this strictly for others to play?
And finally what is the idea? ^_^

sorry I've been really busy for the past couple weeks -.-' and I'm looking to play a char. I'm really good at RPing, specially in D&D. but I really suck at DMing lol. tho to be honest I don't really like path finder lol, but maybe cause I don't know how to convert 3.5 to path finder lol. but if you're still interested, or just wanna talk about D&D stuff. if you have yahoo/msn send me a PM lol. I'm on 24/7 just hardly log on to gaia anymore cause I honestly can't stand it lol.

Jay Friks
I'd like Dm'ing. And I actually encourage the characters in my campaigns to make their characters more in-depth so I can incorporate them into the game, do some real role-playing and evolving of the charries.
If not gaia. It what format would the game be played?

I'd prefer something like Open rpg, or map tools, or if anyone knows another such program, even MSN would work. just the way I play gaia does not work for me lol  

Seiryna

Dusk001

Dapper Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:13 pm
Hmm, if you need a good cleric for this little game, then I would like to offer my services are a fairly experienced cleric. I am better at putting together my character in role play terms than "optimizing my build", as I've heard others say.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:15 pm
Dusk001
Hmm, if you need a good cleric for this little game, then I would like to offer my services are a fairly experienced cleric. I am better at putting together my character in role play terms than "optimizing my build", as I've heard others say.

I optimize for role playing ^^' but maybe if we get this game going, cause who knows lol but same thing if you have MSN/Yahoo and just wanna talk about stuff send me a PM lol.
who knows maybe I'll eventually get enough people to throw a game together lol  

Seiryna

umbarildododa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:25 pm
I'm interested in this game if you still need players. I enjoy the roleplaying aspect of the game much more than the hack and slash. I usually play a human sorcerer that I have a good story for. I do, of course, enjoy combat actions sometimes, but at the same time, I do enjoy paying for hours on end trying to infiltrate places with illusion spells. It's fun. smile  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games