Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Junior x DBSK x SHINee Guild

Back to Guilds

Come to share your love for Super Junior, DBSK (Tohoshinki) and SHINee here! 

Tags: Super Junior, DBSK, TVXQ, SHINee, Tohoshinki 

Reply Main Forum
SHINee's Lucifer - true meaning

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who loves the song Lucifer?
I aboslutely love it!
90%
 90%  [ 39 ]
I think it's ok.
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
I don't like it all.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

Cocoa-bozu

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:13 pm
ok. if you also hate all those antis commentin on the lucifer videos about satanic worship and the illuminati, continue reading. if you are an anti of the song lucifer, continue reading.

lucifer is a word that is greatly misunderstood by many people. in english, it is another name for satan. that is why when people hear lucifer, they think satan. but that is wrong.

lucifer, in latin, is "morning star" (literally "light bringer"). it is also the name for venus, the first star to be seen in the sky.
even in the bible, the use the words "morning star" as a reference to lucifer.
so when they sing "her whisper is the lucifer" (translated) it probably means "her whisper is the morning star/light bringer"
lucifer is also a name for venus (mentioned above). venus. the goddess of love. (im catholic and im using mythology. deal with it)
lucifer in shinee's song could mean love. the song is about love if you read the translation.

now dont take me as a satanic worshiper ok? i am a devout catholic. i just want you and other haters (so im posting a shortened version of this on vids) to know the other and true meaning of the word lucifer.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:14 am
Cocoa-bozu
ok. if you also hate all those antis commentin on the lucifer videos about satanic worship and the illuminati, continue reading. if you are an anti of the song lucifer, continue reading.

lucifer is a word that is greatly misunderstood by many people. in english, it is another name for satan. that is why when people hear lucifer, they think satan. but that is wrong.

lucifer, in latin, is "morning star" (literally "light bringer"). it is also the name for venus, the first star to be seen in the sky.
so when they sing "her whisper is the lucifer" (translated) it probably means "her whisper is the morning star/light bringer"
lucifer is also a name for venus (mentioned above). venus. the goddess of love. (im catholic and im using mythology. deal with it)
lucifer in shinee's song could mean love. the song is about love if you read the translation.

now dont take me as a satanic worshiper ok? i am a devout catholic. i just want you and other haters (so im posting a shortened version of this on vids) to know the other and true meaning of the word lucifer.

wow, its actully pretty kewl tat u knw thoose stff  

midori alice

Cocoa-bozu

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:57 pm
midori alice
Cocoa-bozu

wow, its actully pretty kewl tat u knw thoose stff

i got so pissed at all the comments about the illuminati and satanic worship stuff so i decided to do research on the word "lucifer"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:56 pm
yeah
I'm christian and that word sometimes brings
thoughts into my friend's heads about 'stuff'
i still love the song
heck i even know the dance
XD  

chocolatecoveredchocolate

Damjel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:56 pm
lol.. me too im also Christian I love the song too. people are just over reacting to it,
the shinee members are even Christian excpt jjong

the song is a "love" song about a very tempting and undeniable lady which controls over you, that you are totaly crazy over her.

that's what i understand about the song .
Nothing wrong with it, unless they use the word "SATAN", now that is totaly WRONG!!
xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:41 pm
That's pretty interesting n_n I never thought of it as the Satan way though since my friend told me earlier. I love Lucifer even more knowing this though whee  

T a e P a n d o

iixKBiix

3,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:50 pm
It's a cool song i don't know why people take them singing "her whisper is the Lucifer" wrong /: I love the song xDD
But hey were thinking "her whisper is the Lucifer" actually meant "her whisper is the devil" O_o which would be weird xD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:30 pm
on the making of the video, they said that the meaning behind their song Lucifer, is that their talking about a woman who is both beautiful like an Angel but also like a demon. I speak Korean, yay 4laugh

User Image

Mrs JongKey

DYNOMASAUR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Lol another thing that i find funny is that people er excuse me DUMBASSes (lol) are quick to cause trouble becuase the name is big and bold LUCIFER, and becuase idiots mis pronounce SHINee's name and think its She-nee (which means death in Japanese) but what i don't understand is what if there was an actual satanic group named "Rainbow Unicorns" and had songs named "Pink Cotton Candy and "Butterfly roses"? The answer is: NO BODY WOULD CARE ENOUGH TO PAY ANY MND! Whilst in their music videos they are slaughtering people and burning bibles.... :/
Gosh people are so jugemental..... stare

p.s. What religion is Jjong-Jjong?? heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:26 am
Here is the Lucifer video with the lyrics.
Maybe you all will get your own meaning of the song?
Lucifer  

Mrs JongKey

cookiejam13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:35 am
i think we have to think positively with this song don 't think negative of this song ....... biggrin i'm big fan of shinee too... i'm not Christian ...... but i love... shinee song very much ......i am little dissapoint crying when they say they are curious of this song .....i think its ok if we like this it just a song ...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:45 pm
DYNOMASAUR
Lol another thing that i find funny is that people er excuse me DUMBASSes (lol) are quick to cause trouble becuase the name is big and bold LUCIFER, and becuase idiots mis pronounce SHINee's name and think its She-nee (which means death in Japanese) but what i don't understand is what if there was an actual satanic group named "Rainbow Unicorns" and had songs named "Pink Cotton Candy and "Butterfly roses"? The answer is: NO BODY WOULD CARE ENOUGH TO PAY ANY MND! Whilst in their music videos they are slaughtering people and burning bibles.... :/
Gosh people are so jugemental..... stare

p.s. What religion is Jjong-Jjong?? heart

Jonghyun is an aethiest smile

I agree to everyone! And besides, "Lucifer" was satan's angel name. confused  

Shineeing Cassie

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff