Beatles Anthology CDs Discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HistoryWak
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Let's talk about different songs from the Beatles anthology CDs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:34 pm
Yay, I'm so glad this topic is here!!!

First of all, I love the takes where they start laughing, like the No Repy Demo. (You walked hand in hand, with another man... your face!) And I love listening to John and Paul giggle their way through And Your Bird Can Sing. Always makes me smile.

Secondly. Does anyone know what John says at the beginning of the Anthology version of A Day in the Life? I've been trying to figure it out forever and it's driving me crazy. It's on the Love album, too, at the end of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. It sounds something like this:
"Mount the mike on the piano quite low, just to keep you in line with the rackers(?), you know. You know those old pianos."
At least, that's sort of what it sounds like. Any help on that would be appreciated...  

Liebe Thelema

Nowhere Girl909

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:56 pm
"Cut the mike on the piano quite low and just keep in me and my maraca's. You know those old piano's" I think thats what hes saying.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:43 pm
Nowhere Girl909
"Cut the mike on the piano quite low and just keep in me and my maraca's. You know those old piano's" I think thats what hes saying.

Thanks! "Maracas" makes much more sense than "the rackers"... sweatdrop  

Liebe Thelema

Nowhere Girl909

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:54 pm
heh no problem and dont feel bad, it took me awhile to get what he was saying.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:44 am
@Liebe Thelema: Here's the And Your Bird Can Sing take you wee talking about. It's fun to listen to!!

HistoryWak
Captain

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:29 pm
I like the version of She Came In Through The Bathroom Window that's on there even if compared to the Abbey Road version, it feels like it's draaaagging. It's kinda cool and laid-back.

Also I just love All Things Must Pass on Anthology. I heard it before his album version and it's always been my favourite of the two.  
The Beatles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games