Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 8:: I have a thought!
I have an idea.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chayce West

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:19 am
I'll be blunt. Since I don't really know much else about non-bluntness :c

The guild right now isn't very efficient. We've all got several talents, abilities, goals and points of view. However, they're all scattered :C So we're out of focus, and our actual impact, whether or gaia or the world, is kind of...bleh.

So, I think we need to have an agenda. Goals of what we mean to accomplish by having this guild. This can be done whichever way the guild decides, but we've got to at least take a step in the right direction. Should we first try to get a recycling point system? Or should we try and create a partnership with a company in hopes of bettering the community? I don't know. That's up to you. But we've gotta do something! :O

We need a platform, officers, and a leader. The only challenge is the platform, since the guild leader and mods automatically should qualify for officers and leader. :O With that said, what should we do? It's all up to you.

Any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:55 pm
I want to do SOMETHING i'm just not sure what exactly you want us to do. What CAN we do? We need something to do like "this week we are.." idk.. volunteering or recycling 10 cans and a make up task like if you couldnt do that particular task you have to do something else or post 3 ideas.  

xX_CeLeStRiAnA_xX

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

xX_CeLeStRiAnA_xX

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:00 pm
I love the point system idea. Will we have to prove it though? For instance submit pictures? Unless you think we are all trustworthy people here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:22 pm
xX_aLeXaNdRiA_LoVe_xX
I love the point system idea. Will we have to prove it though? For instance submit pictures? Unless you think we are all trustworthy people here.
I don't know. It's up to the guild I guess. I don't think it'll have to go to pictures though. I'm sure there's some sort of code recycling places use to confirm what's been recycled. I ought to ask one biggrin  

Chayce West

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:57 am
I think that is a LOVELY idea!

Ahhh if only we could integrate the guild with twitter! Then it could be uber smexehness!

I guess we could always make a hash tag and have a link with an update?

But yeah! We should totally make a poll on what our weekly goals are!

Like first have in the thread as a suggestion thing, close it and have a week of polling for the first week of it.

Then we get it all streamlined! biggrin

Also, the eco guild called neonasence, they all seem to be tied up in bickering and since this one seems friendly still, i could always recc the good peeps from there to join here too! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:58 pm
How about a "buy nothing day." Adbusters kind of coined it, but the idea is really simple. Given that so much of our impact is from what we consume, dedicating days to simply avoiding consumerism would be one of the best ways to have a positive impact.

Maybe, "buy nothing week," or, "buy local month," or anything of the sort. Limiting our consumption and finding ways to support sustainable living is hugely progressive in limiting our environmental (and social) impact.  

Figuren

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:39 pm
Figuren
How about a "buy nothing day." Adbusters kind of coined it, but the idea is really simple. Given that so much of our impact is from what we consume, dedicating days to simply avoiding consumerism would be one of the best ways to have a positive impact.

Maybe, "buy nothing week," or, "buy local month," or anything of the sort. Limiting our consumption and finding ways to support sustainable living is hugely progressive in limiting our environmental (and social) impact.

this is AMAZING. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Thanks! I'm glad you think so.
I hope we can spread the idea to more people.  

Figuren

sakura-schan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:23 am
I have a different view of things. I think the only thing you can do on the internet is to inform people about what is occurring. Whatever that person wants to change or do is up to them. Here on Gaia, we all live in different parts of the world, and not all of us are able to log on all the time. So having a "Recycling week" or "Buy local week" may not work, especially since people can lie and say that they did it and really didn't do it. My suggestions are to start with your own community. This guild is perfect for people communitcating with eachother about things they can do around their community. If you're in high school, join a green club or start your own green club. If you're in college, do the same thing as a high schooler would. If you're working, try promoting a greener way of living through example with your family and friends. This guild can only provide you with suggestions, it cannot make you do anything. I am also a part of the neonescence guild and I find the bickering fascinating because I can see other people's point of view. Same with this guild, people suggest things and people read about it and take what they want. I'm here to make suggestions also. If you read on my profile, you will see exactly what my ambitions are.

So if you want to do something, start by educating yourself and learning the facts. Communicate what you learn to others and accept the fact that you cannot force anybody to do anything. Last but not least, lead by example, make changes with your community rather than focusing on what random people say on the internet.  
8:: I have a thought!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games