Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
GCash and Item locks (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

unk tensor

Aged Citizen

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:37 pm
This is the first time to spend any money on Gaia and I noticed that there was something about item locks and 7 days. I bought somethings for use and trade with a friend, but the only thing I can seem to do with the items is equip them. If the lock is real, do I have to wait the 7 days before trading or selling?

Thanks for your attention  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:50 pm
I've not run across this. Can you be more specific about what you bought?  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:32 am
You used paypal, right?
"Any PayPal account that is new or has never been used with your Gaia account is subject to a 7-day item freeze policy. During this time any item(s) bought for yourself or others with Gaia Cash can still be equipped, but cannot be sold or traded."

Yep, that warning about the 7 days was letting you know that... this would happen. The lock is real. After seven days, the lock on your items will disappear.

I'm not sure what happens if you buy other items during the 7-day freeze. But after the seven days, you should be able to use that paypal account to buy Gaia Cash on your Unk Tensor account without your items being frozen for seven days. You'll be able to sell/trade/gift the items you buy right after you buy them.

I'm going to link my source, but sometimes linking people to the Help Center page I've looked at gives the other person an error message or the wrong page. I knew of this freeze warning, I just used it to get the quote. You can click this link to see my source. If the page doesn't appear, I typed "paypal" into the search option and clicked the "why are my items frozen" topic.
]https://www.gaiaonlinehelp.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=5694  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff