Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Evolving Items?(A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:09 pm
Well,i've been around for a while and i saw lots of quests involving evolving items,but i have a question about then,seeing as i saw this quest were it said Shadowlegend 7th generation and other with Shadowlegend 9th and so on,so now why ask:Are they different items?But aren't you supposed to when you buy this evolving item to get all of its "evolutions"?How do they work?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:39 pm
Evolving Items (EIs) can be confusing at first. Once you get the hang of it, they're all easy to understand. :}

As you know, EIs have different generations. Each time an EI evolves, the EI is removed from the Cash Shop and the next generation is placed in the Cash Shop (CS). Each new generation starts from the beginning.
Example:
1. EI 1st gen is placed in the CS. It is in the first phase.
2. EI 1st gen evolves to the second phase. It is removed from the CS. The EI 2nd gen is placed in the CS. The 2nd gen EI is on the 1st phase.
3. The EI evolves again. The 1st gen EI is now on the third phase. The EI 2nd gen is now on the second phase. An EI 3rd gen is placed in the CS. The 3rd gen EI is on the first phase.
This process repeats over and over until the EI 1st gen finishes evolving.

After that, no new EI generations are placed in the CS. However, those older generations will still continue to 'evolve' each week and move through the phases until they finish evolving.

While an EI is evolving, you only have access to a few of the poses from whatever phase it's on. Once an EI finishes evolving, all of the old phases are unlocked. The 1st gen EI finishes evolving first and all poses will become unlocked and usable first. Depending on the item, it can take months and months before the last gen item is finally finished evolving and all poses are unlocked.

The 1st gen items are often more expensive because people don't like to wait months and months to wait for a later gen to evolve when the earlier gens have all of the poses unlocked already.

(There are always exceptions. Some EIs work a little bit differently in how they evolve and what poses are kept. However, the same thing is always true. In the end, after all generations have been given time to evolve, they will all have exactly the same poses even though their names have different numbers in the titles.)

As to your question;
Was that because someone looked on Tektek to make the outfit they're questing for?
Tektek has a specific way it files the EIs. The last phase of an item is always the 1st gen. The first phase of an EI is always the last generation of that EI. If you equip EI poses on tektek, it will always be labeled with a specific phase.

But you've got it right. Eventually, all generations of the EI will get the same poses. That person does not have to buy a 7th or a 9th gen. They could buy two 7th gens. They could buy a 3rd or 4th gen too. Heck, even if their tektek said they needed a 1st gen, they could buy a 9th gen instead.
If their item is not yet done evolving, the person would just have to wait until it is done.

The only thing you have to worry about is whether the item is still evolving or not. If the 9th gen is not done evolving, it will still "evolve" every few weeks until all poses are fully unlocked. So even though tektek might say that a 9th gen will have the boots you want, it might actually still be evolving and not even be on the phase with the boots.

And if what I said still left you confused, here's a guide that tries to answer a lot of EI questions:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/a-guide-to-understanding-evolving-items/t.41660811/?_gaia_t_=3934

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:19 am
i see,thank you for you amazing explanation,answered all my questions =D.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games