Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
dont u hate it wen ppl make fun of u for being a noobie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Oldskoolsk8r

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:47 pm
i hate it stressed evil  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:50 pm
Never experienced it, so I wouldnt be able to answer that.  

SK Loda

Omnipresent Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, no one in this guild is going to put you down for being new. Welcome to the NSTG, The_Oldskoolsk8r. User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:07 pm
People make fun of newbies because they were made fun of when they were new. Now that they're "old," they think they can make fun of the newbies too.
In my experience, most people who make fun of newbies are still rather new to the site too. :/
If you comment at all in response to being called a newbie, no matter what you say, you make them happy. Just ignore them. Don't even respond. It's usually the universal way to get back at bullies. The bullies get irritated when they don't get a reaction out of you. :}

That does suck though. Find a new place to hang out or people to hang out with, maybe? This guild is a good place to hang out in and not be made fun of for being new to the site.

Also, you have two big signs for being a newbie:
1. Wearing that sonic item
2. Wearing all starter clothes

A fast way to blend in is to remove the sonic and to start making a different outfit. You don't have to wear expensive items... Just at least wear an outfit made from clothing found in the gold shops that don't have "starter" or "snug" in the titles. ^^

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

William Robinson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:10 pm
I don't make fun of newbies... cyberers mabye... but thats a different subject altogether  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:02 pm
No,not really 4laugh  

n7aphasia

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:27 pm
I'm sorry anyone ever made you feel uncomfortable, and hope you'll find a welcome home here in NSTG. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:37 pm
hey welcome to NSTG and referring to your problem don't worry about it with the help from all of us at NSTG you will no longer be newbie!  

SoulRIZer

Chatty Regular

9,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

The Odd Wolf

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:11 am
Number 767
I don't make fun of newbies... cyberers mabye... but thats a different subject altogether

yeah... Interrupting them in towns is FAR too much fun.

@OP

Welcome to the Guild and Gaia. As for being made fun of, see why they think you're a noob. If they really truly see you as that, ask yourself what might be open to change. Somepeople (myself included) are a bit biased on the Avatar dept, but that can be overlooked if the way one writes is good. If I were to be honest, I would have pegged you as a newb, not a noob. (there is an honest difference). Someone above suggested an Avatar change, but thats not entirely necessary. If thats the look you love, stay with it...however...If you want to go farther than just the Chatterbox, I would recommend changing the way you talk. Shortened words usually doesn't get respect. As I said before though, these are suggestions. If you don't want to, don't change. Ciao!  
☆ Introductions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games