Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
This is getting to be tedious.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ecopper12

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:33 pm
Okay, I realize that you mods of the guild don;t need any help, but I feel this needs to be said. After all, I've been a sorta friend to Es since before Dolphins were even released I believe. he helped me with my first hoard! Anyway, this is more directed at people who can't come to terms with Dolphinmania being gone.

There are several reasons you people need to understand. You may think Dolphinmania was helping you get gold, but it was also working against you.

1. Dolphinmania was a major cause of the recent inflation in item prices, Have you ever been questing an expensive MC? Or how about an item from a recent RIG? The price is so high because everyone and their brother had hit the mother load with the site. It's an economic law. The quantity of the gold you make raises the price of items. Why? The value of gold was diminishing. If you have one gold, it's not worth one gold anymore, much like in real life.

2. It was a doomed project to begin with. I'm not saying it was a bad idea, far from it. There was just too many factors that were going to cause it's demise. Copyright issues, the fact that the site largely based from Gaia's code was asking for donations (Which technically is profiting from Gaia.) And the fact that more people were making gold. It was making newbies richer, which isn't such a good thing in terms of the socioeconomic classes on Gaia. Soon, everyone would be rich and gold would be worthless.

3. This deals with the issue of Tektek.org. A lot of you have been using this site as a basis for argument against the shutdown. Tektek wasn't profiting from Gaia or messing with the economy. It was simply a database and avatar simulator apart from Gaia. It had no bearing on the economy whatsoever.

Okay, now that all that is covered, let me tell you something. There ARE more effective ways to make gold than just booty grabbing. There is vending. Vending is guaranteed to make you millions provided you know what to do. It's a simple and effective way.

As a final note: People, don't cause Es any more stress than he is already under. He loved the site and it pained him to shut it down. No amount of wishing will bring it back. Just let it go.

It'll be better on Gaia now. Let Dolphinmania rest.

Also, sorry if I am not in power to do this. I just felt some thing needed to be said, so I said them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:35 pm
While I thank you for the post, I have to disagree with you on one point. The "donations" to the site were served to pay for hosting and such. Tektek had the same idea, donations to help pay for hosting. Not a single cent of the money donated went to personal things for Es (or whatever else). It paid for hosting, and that was it. So in no way was Es profiting from it.
User Image

ll P W E E P ll

ecopper12

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:38 pm
ll P W E E P ll
While I thank you for the post, I have to disagree with you on one point. The "donations" to the site were served to pay for hosting and such. Tektek had the same idea, donations to help pay for hosting. Not a single cent of the money donated went to personal things for Es (or whatever else). It paid for hosting, and that was it. So in no way was Es profiting from it.
User Image

Ah. Well, sorry for the misunderstanding there. I figured it was something like that, but you can't ever be too sure. If I may inquire, how much was the monthly server cost?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:39 pm
ll P W E E P ll
User Image

this 3nodding  

venus_starshine

Romantic Prophet

ll P W E E P ll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:41 pm
I don't know, because I am not the owner of the site, you'd have to ask Es. But I know it was a lot, and I know he was paying most of it out of his own pocket. I remember once my girlfriend donated $20 or so, and he nearly cried because he considered an extremely large donation. That'll tell you right there he was barely covering it.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:43 pm
Alright. I was just wondering, as I am planning on making my own site someday. Not a BG site, mind you, just a site of my own interest.  

ecopper12

Blood Stained H3art

Shy Seeker

21,525 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:45 pm
I agree, I feel really bad for ES. I'm sure he is getting plenty of hate mail right now.

ES and Panda, made a great thing, and from it made an even bigger and better community. It was fun well it lasted, but everything must come to an end at some point.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:22 pm
I agree people just give up and play in the guild and threads they have created for us. You can still stalk all the dolphin tanks and from what I can tell the owners of those tanks have some back ups and well you should be able to grab from there from now until the end of the year and maybe even longer depending on how many fishes they stocked up on.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
Dolphin Mania v2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items