Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
You People don't get it, do you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about what I just said?
  Agree
  Disagree
  = w = Not cool man.
View Results

Hiwa Kaoru

Omnipresent Zealot

8,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:34 pm
What do you mean "you people"? rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:36 pm
    [<3 ]

why is everyone pointing fingers at dolphinmania?
    it was one of the only effective ways for non-artists and non-gaia cash buyers to compete with the artists who can get 3m+ for one piece and the people who buy gaia cash every single week, if not more.
    I agree that it probably was going to go eventually, but I don't think it needed to.
    the biggest problem is that gaia cares the most about their own profits, but I guess that's understandable.
    at least they know what their priorities are.

Aestaru

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200

Euphonious Cantabile

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:45 pm
Hiwa Kaoru
What do you mean "you people"? rofl

Exactly. The OP makes it sound as if everyone in this guild is against it when not all of us are. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:49 pm
Inflation is not something new to Gaia, it's been around since the start of the site. What catapulted it to great heights was the opening of the Gaia cash shop. DMV.2 mad unattainable items attainable for those of us not willing to pay an arm and a leg for cash items with IRL money. I highly enjoyed playing booty grab on DMV.2, it was lag free , and it was nice to be able to see in one shot what tanks were glowing. So did DMV.2 contribute to inflation, yes it did, was it the only factor or the main cause for inflation, no. Is it right that Gaia is constantly taking this inflation issue out on it's users instead of thinking things they have launched fully out before launching them, no. will Gaia ever change its way, probably not. Hence the complete love hate circle of Gaia.  

Restlessly Restless

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200

xLilVietCindy-

650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:16 pm
HEY THATS NOT TRUE  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:34 pm
Restlessly Restless
Inflation is not something new to Gaia, it's been around since the start of the site. What catapulted it to great heights was the opening of the Gaia cash shop. DMV.2 mad unattainable items attainable for those of us not willing to pay an arm and a leg for cash items with IRL money. I highly enjoyed playing booty grab on DMV.2, it was lag free , and it was nice to be able to see in one shot what tanks were glowing. So did DMV.2 contribute to inflation, yes it did, was it the only factor or the main cause for inflation, no. Is it right that Gaia is constantly taking this inflation issue out on it's users instead of thinking things they have launched fully out before launching them, no. will Gaia ever change its way, probably not. Hence the complete love hate circle of Gaia.

So true  

venus_starshine

Romantic Prophet

Krapule

Friendly Smoker

6,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:37 pm
its not a matter of money i think, since i myself am gettin the same amount i used to get from Dolphinmania site but now i get it from forums, and if it was a matter of money booty grab drop would have been lowed, so its a matter of something else, but the thing is that the Admins of the site cant talk bout it cause they dont want us to know, so dont make it big deal and get money from forums
i miss the site to crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:36 am
I think it's funny that Gaia goes and gets sites like DolphinMania taken down, yet sites like the ones you may or may not find just as easily as you could find DM (I'm sure we've all seen them at one time or another from an Ad or a PM from a random nobody) are still very much alive...

Just noting what I see... it's pretty plain to see where Gaia's priorities are when DolphinMania's shut down while the 9001 sites devoted to far less legitimate methods of obtaining gold are still around.

neutral  

BIoodbane

Questionable Explorer

Starlight Surprise

8,150 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:21 am
★ Yes I got over the fact DM was shutdown. Though now it seems Gaia may be trying to mess with Absol's site. Which is not cool. The analyzer is an actual tool helpful to tank owners. DM was just a grab site. No offense to Es, Panda, and others who helped them. It served me and others well. I was sad to see it go, but overall it was for the best. Now let's hope Gaia doesn't mess with Absol's site... ★

Star wants...
User Image
OH GAWD! Biggest quest evar!
5.3 MIL/LMP
Donations greatly appreciated, but not expected.
All donators are immortalized here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:28 pm
I Dizzy-kun I
When you say it like that you sound like a jerk.

Plus I think someone already posted this, and made a topic about it.
Theres no need to make another stare

yep  

II Puffy Birdie II

Lonely Dog

6,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Podium
Crew

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm
All this time wasted talking about DM's shutdown could be spent grabbing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:19 pm
Absol's analyzer is a nice addition, but he's not a part of Gaia which is why they are looking at him. Yes he doesn't affect the economy at all, but it gives you information that Gaia doesn't want you to have about your tank. They want you to figure that stuff out on your own instead of letting someone else do it for you.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Dnelle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:03 pm
Astounded Thrill
Dolphinmania Had to be shut down. Had To. It ruined the gaian economy and made the true value of gold go down every day. There was even an anouncement about it in the forums you all never read. Lookie here. Don't go ranting and asking for the site to come back. It won't. Sure your hopes are kinda put down some, but too bad. It just made gaia to easy and lets face it, it was boring looking through page after page after page of full booty grabs and not glowing tanks. I personally think it was a good thing that the place was shut down. congradulations on realizing the truth, booty grab wasn't meant to be that easy.

oh u mad huh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:11 pm
Mp3Playa

I just shouldn't be called a troll, or being told to leave because I have a completely opposite view.

You're posting in a guild, not a main forum. No rule within this guild that says that people can't tell you to leave. Want to go somewhere where that's against the rules, take your happy a** to SF. Don't like people telling you to leave here? Tough s**t.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers