Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Advice Needed! (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PinkJuliet88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:54 pm
I have a couple questions for anyone who wants to answer, and anyone with questions of their own is also welcome to use this post to get some answers too ^^
So first off, what is the easiest way to get gold?
I hardly have any, even though I have posted replies to forums and commented my friends pages like crazy!
Secondly, how does one post their own new topic in the forums section?
Thanks, I hope someone will answer back soon smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:59 pm

It depends. You can try BootyGrabbing, playing games like Jigsaw and zOMG, doing art and other services...whatever works best for you^^.

In the Forums section, you have to go into the correct forum first. On the left side, a little above where all the topics are, you'll see a button that says "new topic".

Paradoxismminant

The Revered One

1,150 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:01 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15604021

The link above is an sufficient in-guild guide to making gold while on Gaia. The two best ways for me are Jigsaw and GaiaCards, both of which can be found in Games.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:32 pm
Thank you both so much! smile
That is a huge help smile  

PinkJuliet88

The Revered One

1,150 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:33 pm
It's what we're here for. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:30 pm
...Or you can buy a gaia cash card at stores llike Walmart or Best Buy, get a collectible item/envelope and sell those for hundreds of K.  

im a gynecologist

Greedy Capitalist

SimsGirl87

Codebreaking Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 pm
If you post, vote, and comment often and not spend your gold, you'll get so much! Look at me, I post everyday that I'm on! I can get up to 1k+ of gold within one day of posting often.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 pm
Hey I have some brand new questions! biggrin
I am super confused on how quests work. Can anyone explain?
Also, that Coco Kitty giveaway seems like such a great thing, but Im a little confused on how one would enter it exactly.
And one more, how are people uploading backgrounds for their profiles that aren't the default choices?
In fact, how are people uploading anything?
I've seen images of RP characters, people's own faces, funny icons, etc. But I have nooo clue how to get that on here...
These might seem like really stupid questions to experienced gaia users, but if you could share your wealth of knowledge it would be much appreciated ^^
Thank you :3
-PinkJuliet88 heart  

PinkJuliet88

Vengeful Elegance

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 pm
RUSSIAN SUPERSOLDIER
...Or you can buy a gaia cash card at stores llike Walmart or Best Buy, get a collectible item/envelope and sell those for hundreds of K.

I do this from time to time. If you can manage to be patient and hold on to them for a while the price you can sell it for will skyrocket. I still have like 50K from doing this a few months ago and I am constantly running contests and giving away gold.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:51 pm
i can help you with couple questions but not all...for i myself is wondering how?

first of all,gaia members make quest threads.Quest thread are thread where people post their dream avatar and the items they need to accomplish their dream avatar.They do this so people can donate to them helping them reach their dream avatars.There are many quest threads all over Gaia.You can see them through peoples signature,threads and even through guilds!

Dream avatars can be made using a website called TekTek (yes it does sound funny.I laughed the first time i read it too).It is quite confusing at first but if you use it often you will get used to it.

here is the link to TekTek-http://www.tektek.org/index.php.

anymore questions please do ask.We are here to help! biggrin  

SoulRIZer

Chatty Regular

9,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

iRetaliate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:01 am
Alright, take this from a guy who can earn 100k a day if he tries...

1. Booty Grab - At first it'll seem slow, averaging less than 100g a tank, but soon you'll consistently be getting 1000g per tank!

2. Fishing - If you get good at fishing (I can't really help you with that though, because it's a game based on reflex) you can get a minimum of 270g a bucket (but that's only if you're really unlucky, if you're at least moderately lucky, you could earn 2k-3k a bucket)

3. Drawing - Or making art in general can make you rich... quick... you just have to find a balance between swiftness and value... I personally have honed my talents well enough that I earn about 10k-20k a picture and it takes me only about 15-30 minutes to make them, for me, that's about 160k A DAY (if I got buyers often enough)

4. zOMG - Once you reach lvl 6.0, you can do PS (wait until you get to lvl 6.0, and then you'll know what PS is) and get 4k every 10 minutes... it's a little bit slow going but it's very easy and very worth it...

5. Vending - Everybody has their own methods of vending, and you'll just have to figure yours out... basically, vending is buying something off the MP for cheap, and selling it for a profit...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:29 pm
PinkJuliet88

And one more, how are people uploading backgrounds for their profiles that aren't the default choices?
In fact, how are people uploading anything?
I've seen images of RP characters, people's own faces, funny icons, etc. But I have nooo clue how to get that on here...

-PinkJuliet88 heart

im gonna take crack at answein this last one. keep in mind i should be asleep, so feel free to question what I'm saying.

Backgrounds can be found here, in tek tek

http://www.tektek.org/profiles/

and can be edited by hovering over My Gaia and selecting the Profile link. in the top right hand of your profile there should be a link that say Profile Options. Clicky ^.^

On this new page, i believe the second break on the right column says theme override.

Take the BBccode you get off of tek-tek, and paste it in the space provided below.

scroll down and click save all changes, then visit your profile to see all of your hard work ^.^

Most pictures are uploaded using a photobucket or some other means of online photo sharing. With in a post you would use the code

[img] [/img]

and in the empty space btween you would insert the direct link of the image you are wanting to use.
for example. this is the link

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g54/Visionofhysteria/Songs-Icon-3.gif

this is the image

User Image

with the code becoming

[img]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g54/Visionofhysteria/Songs-Icon-3.gif[/img]

as for getting others avis and such to show up on your profile page, i cannot help you. I have never been able my profile to let me edit it in such a way, no matter how much i fiddle around with it. You can use the IMG code in your profile section to get images and such to appear with text, but I'm not sure how to get them to layer.  

As Strange As It Sounds

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:42 pm
Some of the fastest ways to gain money are:

idea Aquarium messages. Clicking the small bottle on top of your tank will open you to numerous messages you can answer to have a chance of being chosen for the best message, gaining you both 250 gold.

arrow Selling in the Marketplace. Items that are unused or just simply old can be sold for a price at the Marketplace. But, over pricing might lower the chances of your item being bought.

idea Posting in the Forums. Its true, simply posting will gain you 75 gold for each first post everyday. Its a fun way to talk and gain gold at the same time.

arrow Playing Games. Gaia's games, such as pinball, fishing, and more - will gain you gold depending on your performance. Though, when fishing, you will receive fish which you can sell at the store.

idea Shaking trees, rocks, and bushes in town. Gaia town is filled with hidden gold, bugs, and more. Its an adventure waiting to be discovered!

idea Entering Contest. Believe it or not, Gaia's poetry contests, like the ones from the 8th Annual Ball, and much more - helped me gain special items and gold that I could never have achieved on my own.

To post your own topic, there should be a "New Topic" button on top of all the existing topics. Though, depending on the Group's regulations, you may not always be allowed to post topics.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games