Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Booty Grab update

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Defective Detective
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:23 am
admin
As some of you may know, we're working on ways to bring down inflation on Gaia. One thing we have to do to combat this problem involves making changes to Booty Grab so that it gives out Gold at a rate that is more fair to the rest of the community.

As it stands, Booty Grab has been adding a tremendous amount of Gold into the economy, and that has a pretty big impact on driving up Marketplace prices And Booty Grab bugs also contributed to the issue. The bugs are being addressed now and some of the fixes will go out very soon, including:

• Tanks with dead fish will no longer glow for Booty Grab.
  • Fish that don't die will now have their proper life expectancy dates set starting from this day forward. So a fish with a 4-month life expectancy will die in late October 2010. This fix includes fish that were previously given to Barrett, as well as tanks that haven't been visited.

A big contributing factor is aggregation sites that capitalize on the game. Even though they were made to help make Booty Grab easier to play, they changed the way the game was intended to be played, taking the "hunt" out of an Easter egg hunt style game. Through the use of aggregation services, the Gold being granted/added to the economy has gone up considerably in the past few months.

We reached out to the owner of one aggregation site, Dolphin Mania, and shared with him the inflationary impact his site had on the Gaia economy. He understood and had no desire to harm the community and economy, so he agreed to shut down his site. Aggregation sites will no longer be allowed to affect the Gaia economy and cause further inflation; use of these sites will not be permitted going forward.

We want to be respectful to you guys and keep Gaia fun, but we need to do so in a manner that's fair to the whole community. Lowering the inflation rate is a great way to do that, because everyone benefits in the long run. Once the economy stabilizes, we'll work on making Gold easier to earn but with less impact on the economy.

We know these changes will be a bummer for some of you, but we hope you understand this will ultimately prove beneficial to the entire Gaia community. Thanks for your patience and cooperation as we make these adjustments!

-Gaia Staff

For the thread, go here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:32 am
cry  

venus_starshine

Romantic Prophet

King Awesomolocity
Crew

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:34 am
Sacred Flowers
admin
As some of you may know, we're working on ways to bring down inflation on Gaia. One thing we have to do to combat this problem involves making changes to Booty Grab so that it gives out Gold at a rate that is more fair to the rest of the community.

As it stands, Booty Grab has been adding a tremendous amount of Gold into the economy, and that has a pretty big impact on driving up Marketplace prices And Booty Grab bugs also contributed to the issue. The bugs are being addressed now and some of the fixes will go out very soon, including:

• Tanks with dead fish will no longer glow for Booty Grab.
  • Fish that don't die will now have their proper life expectancy dates set starting from this day forward. So a fish with a 4-month life expectancy will die in late October 2010. This fix includes fish that were previously given to Barrett, as well as tanks that haven't been visited.

A big contributing factor is aggregation sites that capitalize on the game. Even though they were made to help make Booty Grab easier to play, they changed the way the game was intended to be played, taking the "hunt" out of an Easter egg hunt style game. Through the use of aggregation services, the Gold being granted/added to the economy has gone up considerably in the past few months.

We reached out to the owner of one aggregation site, Dolphin Mania, and shared with him the inflationary impact his site had on the Gaia economy. He understood and had no desire to harm the community and economy, so he agreed to shut down his site. Aggregation sites will no longer be allowed to affect the Gaia economy and cause further inflation; use of these sites will not be permitted going forward.

We want to be respectful to you guys and keep Gaia fun, but we need to do so in a manner that's fair to the whole community. Lowering the inflation rate is a great way to do that, because everyone benefits in the long run. Once the economy stabilizes, we'll work on making Gold easier to earn but with less impact on the economy.

We know these changes will be a bummer for some of you, but we hope you understand this will ultimately prove beneficial to the entire Gaia community. Thanks for your patience and cooperation as we make these adjustments!

-Gaia Staff

For the thread, go here.

I already knew about this, but I didn't know that the use of aggression sites would be completely not permitted. I'm assuming that will include my script that stalks dolphin tanks, so I'll remove those soon {* tank stalker script will still be up for use *}

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:37 am
Awesomolocity Mule

I already knew about this, but I didn't know that the use of aggression sites would be completely not permitted. I'm assuming that will include my script that stalks dolphin tanks, so I'll remove those soon {* tank stalker script will still be up for use *}

I wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page, and knew about it.

The Defective Detective
Vice Captain

King Awesomolocity
Crew

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:38 am
Sacred Flowers
Awesomolocity Mule

Yeah. Thanks. I wouldn't have noticed that for a while without your post.

{* Goes off to tell Absol *}

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:53 am
So will ghost fish not glow or are their lifespans getting reset? O.o -retarded- XP

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Annie Felis

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:35 am
Meh, I hope not. I like that script, if for the fact that if I put my own tank on there it actually tells me when it's glowing (Whereas the Stalk Your Tank one does not).

I'm going to assume the other scripts to resize tanks, remove comments and all that crap are still good? Because that's another reason I like the script: the window's a good size, and there's no comments in the window.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:44 am
ok that suck big time emo i mean like imma have to keep buying them and keep buying them after time and what do i make? a 2-3 mil profit for my fishes lifespan when i could just booty grab that much in less then 1 or 2 months that is just a waste of gold then..this is jacked up! i mean like 2-3mil profit for 4 months and then buy new ones after that its just not gaining enough ..if they going to do this might as well bring back dolphins cause im not paying 500-600k for 1 dolphin User Image this is just absurd! and analyzer being gone? i mean wtf i need and like those analyzer they provide info and all that ..well i hope we can still use scripts cause if not that is just ***** up gaia  

The secret sword

ll P W E E P ll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 am
I already knew all of this, lol. But I don't disagree with any of it (don't kill me!). It's true, every bit of what they said. But I don't blame anyone, because they were just trying to make users happy.

I don't know about the scripts however, but I do hope the ones I use remain because I'm greedy. I have the no comment script, and the toggling aquariums into buttons.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 am
Awesomolocity Mule
Sacred Flowers
Awesomolocity Mule

Yeah. Thanks. I wouldn't have noticed that for a while without your post.

{* Goes off to tell Absol *}

Dx I was hoping absols...lag city stuff stayed online..Oh well.  

Envoy of Void

Invisible Benefactor

10,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • PvP 200

glengrin

Alien Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:14 pm
I am relying on you guys to find script that helps but doesn't get you in trouble with Gaia. I don't buy the excuse that the bg sites were the main cause of inflation. Of course they'd use that excuse. The real reason is they want to force people to use cash for the premium items and not be able to buy them with gold. The bottom line is real profit for Gaia's owners.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:38 pm
The secret sword
ok that suck big time emo i mean like imma have to keep buying them and keep buying them after time and what do i make? a 2-3 mil profit for my fishes lifespan when i could just booty grab that much in less then 1 or 2 months that is just a waste of gold then..this is jacked up! i mean like 2-3mil profit for 4 months and then buy new ones after that its just not gaining enough ..if they going to do this might as well bring back dolphins cause im not paying 500-600k for 1 dolphin User Image this is just absurd! and analyzer being gone? i mean wtf i need and like those analyzer they provide info and all that ..well i hope we can still use scripts cause if not that is just ***** up gaia

I'm sorry.. are you complaining because your fish are going to die like they were supposed to? rolleyes That's just kinda silly if you ask me  

Virgo Whiskers

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

II S n o w y II

Hygienic Fatcat

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:41 pm
Miakayuuki78
The secret sword

I'm sorry.. are you complaining because your fish are going to die like they were supposed to? rolleyes That's just kinda silly if you ask me
I think its more because a full tank of dolphins equals out to what...10mil? And you'd be lucky to make all that back in 4 months time if Dolphinmania is gone BG wont go on as much aka harder to get full tanks >w<  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:59 pm
Dx Kiyisha xD
Miakayuuki78
The secret sword

I think its more because a full tank of dolphins equals out to what...10mil? And you'd be lucky to make all that back in 4 months time if Dolphinmania is gone BG wont go on as much aka harder to get full tanks >w<

Well, dolphins are gone, so of course they're not going to be the best way to make gold anymore. You just need to move on to something else.  

Virgo Whiskers

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Dolphin Mania v2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items