Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
What gets you inspired?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

odd Rae

2,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:55 am
I was just wondering.

I get inspired to draw when I see amazing works of art
and I start thinking about the artists, how are they,
what led them to that kind of talent.
And I wonder how could I draw like that.

How about you?
What makes you want to grab that pencil, paintbrush
or computer mouse and create something?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:09 pm
Sometimes I get inspired by works of art.
But most of the time I get the itch to draw when I see a really cool, sharp picture of an animal since I do draw animals most often. Or sometimes reading or watching things about animals, generally cats. Like lately I got back into a Disney craze and felt like drawing Scar from the Lion King. xD

sammonroll

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Azilie Ryld

4,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:48 pm
I have to say music. Especially Celtic jigs and reels. Something about the tempo really makes me excited to create new work. Mood music helps me a lot, so I'm always listening to my ipod when I sketch. Other artists are inspiration as well as a way to continue learning and improving.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:03 pm
My emotions. This is true especially when I'm pissed off because it provides some fuel to vent out my anger in art form.

Other things which contribute to my inspiration include beautiful speedpaints, renaissance paintings, good stories, shows, and movies, and breathtaking works with elements that make up my weaknesses.
(Ex: If I suck at drawing backgrounds and see another artist who's exceptional at drawing backgrounds, I get inspired by studying how the artist approaches drawing backgrounds.)  

Yamiko

Shy Lunatic

Whee Glee Me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:23 pm
Art Festivals! All sorts of works of art are displayed or can be bought! Quotes, stories, peoples works of art. Inspiration strikes when I see something specific that intrigues my interest. Looking at these amazing artists really get me up and running to go try drawing what they're drawing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:55 am
Music and emotions from events of the days I've lead are a huge inspiration to what or how I may create something. Whenever I feel lazy or depressed, my fiance is the one who will inspire me through love and song. So I would say, my biggest inspiration to art and life itself is my lover. It may seem sappy, but without him, I would have gave up drawing altogether. He is the one who pushes and believes in me accomplishing my dream goals in life.  

Sentinel of Light

Blessed Kitten

AluminumNightmare

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:43 am
there are many things that would get me inspired. such as other works of art. seeing them makes me what to try harder and build up my skill. music help inspire me too. it also helps me keep focus and blocks everything else out. and my emotions. sometimes i just get inspire and i just draw. although im not good i still have fun drawing too. lol  
Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games