Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
how do i do pictures on my signitue? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katrina Redbone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 pm
i know how to do it on posts and i've tried copy and pasting to it but it wont work?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:20 pm
Save the picture to your computer.
Go to photobucket.com
Upload the picture. Click on Home, then upload, then scroll down and click save.
Scroll down and click on the picture.
To the left under some advertisements (or to the left of the comment box) copy the IMG Code.

Click on My Gaia.
Go to the toolbar on the top and hold your mouse over the arrow on the gear looking icon. (The second to the last.)
Go down to signature.
Paste the code.

Keep an eye on the Signature text counter. If there are too many characters it won't work.  

Vengeful Elegance

Katrina Redbone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:39 pm
ok thx i don't have time to do it right now but i'll try it later xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:28 pm
Copy and paste the link onto your signature, put User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Walter has ganado

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200

Designer Hobo Style

Distinct Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 am
I've done this but it doesn't appear as an image, just a url without a hyperlink. Am I doing something wrong? This only happens on gaia.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:01 pm
Little Miss Despair
I've done this but it doesn't appear as an image, just a url without a hyperlink. Am I doing something wrong? This only happens on gaia.

I'm pretty sure you've done this, but just for the sake of being thorough, you put image tags around the url, right?
Like this: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.img]

If so, then here's the deal.
The image in your signature also appears that way to me. I have images "whitelisted." This means that only images from Gaia itself, tektek and photobucket will appear. Images from any other site will appear as a url.

Change your settings if you want to see your image.
My Gaia > Account Settings
http://www.gaiaonline.com/account/settings/
Look at the bottom left corner for: "Image Display"
Choose to see all images.

Thing is, anyone with the "whitelisted images" option still won't see your picture. They'll still see the url. If you want everyone to be able to see it, you'll need to change it to a url from photobucket.com.

Also, just some extra info;
This pertains to Gaia's main forums like the Chatterbox, not guilds. In the top right corner of every post, you'll see an option that says "show blocked images." When you have the whitelisted images option, the tagged images appear as urls. If you trust the post to not show you something like dead kitties, click the "show blocked images" option and you'll be able to see the images in that post without having to option each link in a new tab.
But yeah, if you have the "show all images" option, all images will appear anyway. You won't have to click the "show blocked images" link because no images will be blocked.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items