Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
My time, Gaia time? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sober In Reverse

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:32 pm
I don't understand how to set the time zone thing. What is GMT? I live in Iowa (central time) in case anybody can help me figure it out.

Also is "Gaia town" time the same as mine once I set it right? I went to catch bugs but it's night time there and I can't see them well.

Thanks. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:07 pm
GMT stands for Greenwich Meridian Timezone.Greenwich is the main meridian of the world,and all other meridians (-4:00,+2:00,and so on) are taken by him.You just need to find in which meridian you are on.You can set it accordingly.Mine is New York Timezone so set it in New York.Hope it helps.  

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Sober In Reverse

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:39 pm
Rockefor
GMT stands for Greenwich Meridian Timezone.Greenwich is the main meridian of the world,and all other meridians (-4:00,+2:00,and so on) are taken by him.You just need to find in which meridian you are on.You can set it accordingly.Mine is New York Timezone so set it in New York.Hope it helps.

Sorry I still dont understand. I know my time zone is central. Is that my Meridian? How do I check it?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:56 pm
Yup,timezone=meridian.Ok not exactly that,but its pretty much the same.When you find out you timezone,there should be something like (4:00) or something like that.Then when you choose your gaian time,just look for one that is the same.  

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Sober In Reverse

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:47 am
Rockefor
Yup,timezone=meridian.Ok not exactly that,but its pretty much the same.When you find out you timezone,there should be something like (4:00) or something like that.Then when you choose your gaian time,just look for one that is the same.

Yea. I got it. It's -5 thank you much! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:10 am
No problem,glad i helped =D  

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:10 am
By the way, Gaia Standard Time that towns run on (where you can catch bugs and harvest flowers) is completely different from any real time. The Help Page says it this way:

GST is Gaia Standard Time
The Gaia clock advances much more quickly, so that all users can enjoy the passage of day and night. Every real hour corresponds to about 10 hours and 17 minutes in Gaia Standard Time (GST) - but there is a mysterious slowing effect that happens periodically.

At 23:00 UTC-8 (or 11:00pm Pacific Standard Time,) the time slows to but a third of its normal pace: 3 hours and 26 minutes of GST pass between 23:00 and midnight, upon which the normal pace resumes.

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games