Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
How do i trade with other players? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lehto Atreides

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 pm
I just made friends with a couple of people and would like to trade items but i need a password. what should i do to get a password  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:02 pm
Well, if you just need a password to confirm your part of the trade, all you need to do is enter you gaia password. If you're new and haven't purchased a trading pass, you need to do that first, and you can find a link to do so in the Marketplace or Trading page.

asmindys

Sparkly Phantom

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:12 pm
Just as The Zexy Log said, you enter the same Gaia password that you use to logon to your account.

You will use that same password when you try to buy things from the marketplace. But remember, your friends DON'T need your password in order to complete the trade. No one else ever needs to know your password. Keep it to yourself.

(If someone else knows your password, they can log into your account and steal all of your items.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:40 pm
You purchase a Trading Pass from the Bank. Click the red arrow at the bottom left of your screen and a menu will pop up from it. Click "Trade" and it will take you to the bank where you can buy a Trading Pass for 500g. This allows you to buy, sell, and trade gold and items with other players and to use the Marketplace.

Do not confuse this with your Password, which should never be given out to anyone. Whoever knows your username and your password can do whatever they like with your avatar and your belongings on Gaia. Some villains will try to trick you into telling them your Password so they can steal your gold and things. Never tell anyone your Password, and Report anyone who asks for it.

Good luck!  

THE Santa Claus

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250

nggrs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm
      You need a trading pass: cost is 500gg and can be bought in the Gaian self user run marketplace.
      Ways to earn gold:
      Jigsaw.
      Pinball.
      Word Bump.
      Posting or Bumping here or in (Forums)

To Trade: Down in your corner there should be a Quick Links bar.
      Click that and choose the 'Trade' link. Then it will send you to Gambino Bank. Or the trade center.
      Type in the Username of the person you wish to trade with.
      Put in the amount of items (or gold) in the Trade by searching through your inventory which will pop up below the trade. (To send gold click on Gold:____0, which will let you add an amount.)
      Type in your password and click 'Accept Trade' and wait for the persons response!
      And remember NEVER hand out your password.

If you have any more questions or want some small donations; just PM me.
      I'll be more than happy to help you out!

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games