Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Aquarium Fish (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Althena The Goddess

Shameless Noob

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:44 am
Can they age/die if they're still in your inventory, not in your aquarium? I won one, not sure if I want to sell it or not, but I don't want the poor little guy to die in my closet... crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:51 am
Fish do not age or die until you put them in your aquarium. Once you have put them in your aquarium, you can never sell them because then they do start to age. I THINK that if you take them out of the aquarium and put them in Barrett's tank they stop aging until you put them back in your aquarium, but I'm not certain about that part. Enjoy your new acquisition!  

THE Santa Claus

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:17 pm

As of a recent update, if Barret is watching them, they will no longer age or die- but they still can not be sold or traded at that point :3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:24 pm
Don't worry about it ^-^ You can have a fish with the shortest life span for as long as you want if its in your inventory or Barret's tank, but it defeats the purpose of the aquarium if you don't use them. They'll only start aging if they're actually in your aquarium.

asmindys

Sparkly Phantom

ChimeBell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:51 am
Ao, if I go onm a long holiday with no internet, it's better to put the fish in Barrets tank. Or for what reason was this option made?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:52 am
biggrin Thanks guys!  

Althena The Goddess

Shameless Noob

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:45 am
ChimeBell
Ao, if I go onm a long holiday with no internet, it's better to put the fish in Barrets tank. Or for what reason was this option made?
User Image

If you just want them fro there drops, keep them in your main tank. If you like watching the little guys swimming around then put them in Barrets tank till you come home ^_^
Even the smallest feline is a masterpieceUser Image

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff