Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Furry Critters Guild TFCG

Back to Guilds

This Guild is about Animals, You can Chat, Ask/Answer Questions, Role Play, Post Pics and lots more! 

Tags: Animals, Pets, Interests, Creatures, Chat 

Reply ~!~ The Furry Critters Guild TFCG ~!~
Cloned Animals

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuroos

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:45 pm
so today.... i heard that someone cloned their pet for about 50,000 dollars and their pet only lived up to about 1 week, which is sad. Cloned pets usually live up to half of its life expectations which is still sad because to me cloning a pet doesn't make your pet live longer. It is a whole new different pet that is born even if they take DNA accurately, because no one would have the same personalities even with the DNA. They may look the same but they won't act the same, sometimes clones don't even look the same.

Should cloning even be allowed?  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 pm
It's already illegal and it should stay that way.  

Your Own Personal Hell

Fashionable Risk-Taker

8,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Clambake 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:32 pm
i dont know enough about cloning to make an informed choice but as long as the clone isnt in pain and lives a happy life whats so wrong about it? let people spend their money whichever way makes them happy  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:48 pm
People in a British laboratory have a patent to clone mice for test on cancer treatment.They are given cancer cells and are then tried to be cured, then they multiply the dosage to try and find what humans need to fight cancer.Those were made for a good cause evn though I dont enjoy labs(not the dog breed).  

tetokasane36

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:58 pm
X_Alicefan1_X
People in a British laboratory have a patent to clone mice for test on cancer treatment.They are given cancer cells and are then tried to be cured, then they multiply the dosage to try and find what humans need to fight cancer.Those were made for a good cause evn though I dont enjoy labs(not the dog breed).

thats as good a reason as any to clone an animal. plus that research will not only help humans but also many cancer prone animals  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:37 pm
that's a different type of cloning, that is cloning used to heal things like broken spines etc/ but cloning full animals is just wrong... :/

your own- well i still think it's legal here :/

shanna- nah i think it's wrong... i mean the kitty is born again and it lives a whole new life but it only gets to live about 1 week...

it's just like that sheep dolly back then x__x there could have been like 250 new sheep [how many times they failed to clone the sheep] instead there was only one sheep that lived 1/2 of it's life expectations :/ =w='  

Kuroos

Ice-Cold Cat

Wickefisto

Shameless Pyromaniac

14,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:37 pm
It's just another form of reproduction. The cloned creature is still an organic and living thing, remember we all start out as just a single cell, as do clones; we both split and/or replicate to the point we become conscious beings. Who knows if the science behind cloning will one day be a great benefit to our planet; but, painful lab tests, lack of compassion and lack of rights that animals (cloned or not) endure within our society need to first be CHANGED and/or FIXED before we start mass producing cloned animals; MORE mistreated animals DOES NOT in my opinion out-weigh the benefits or knowledge gained.
I would rather die saving my dog than live forever torturing or inhumanely experimenting with loving, innocent creatures for the sake of science. As empathetic and sympathetic beings, we have it within us to show our compassion to all things that exist.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:26 pm
You have a very good point.  

tetokasane36

killerqueen121

3,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:16 pm
nao do whut
that's a different type of cloning, that is cloning used to heal things like broken spines etc/ but cloning full animals is just wrong... :/

shanna- nah i think it's wrong... i mean the kitty is born again and it lives a whole new life but it only gets to live about 1 week...

it's just like that sheep dolly back then x__x there could have been like 250 new sheep [how many times they failed to clone the sheep] instead there was only one sheep that lived 1/2 of it's life expectations :/ =w='

i'm like that. don't colne if it kills the animal or makes it in pain, but if the animals are trated right then it's fine with me. and as stated before, we already use cloning for health reasons.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:52 pm
killerqueen121
nao do whut

i'm like that. don't colne if it kills the animal or makes it in pain, but if the animals are trated right then it's fine with me. and as stated before, we already use cloning for health reasons.

yes this is the exact reason i'm talking about.  

Kuroos

Ice-Cold Cat

tetokasane36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:20 am
Basically, like everything else in life, cloning has its ups and downs.They should limit the cloning, but not stop it completely.Now something they need to do is make the earth bigger so we are not all so crowded together.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:59 pm
KonohaKunochi36
Basically, like everything else in life, cloning has its ups and downs.They should limit the cloning, but not stop it completely.Now something they need to do is make the earth bigger so we are not all so crowded together.

i think people are more interested in finding another planet to live on.  

Kuroos

Ice-Cold Cat

~!~ The Furry Critters Guild TFCG ~!~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces