Reply Community Lounge
...I have to eat that. D=

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catalog Cats

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:30 pm
So my grandparents are visiting. Because they are visiting, my mom feels obliged to cook for them. Unfortunately, she is not making any of the many dishes she is actually good at.

What she is making instead is a beef pot roast. Sounds tasty, right? WRONG. Being a beef pot roast, you would expect it to smell like a beef pot roast. Instead, it smells rather like a golden retriever that hasn't had a bath in a while, a smell with which I am quite familiar.

The worst part is that she's convinced I like this dish, so I have to eat it and not complain. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:16 pm
*Shrug* xp Your mom made it, so maybe it won't taste that great, but it's likely that you'll survive. At some point, tomorrow or something you could always very casually say something like, "Hey mom, why do you think beef pot roast is like my favorite food?" I mean, she did take the trouble to cook, so it's best if you can spare her feelings and not be all, "Dinner was crap! You suck mom! LOVE U!!!!" xp

One thing I've found, if my mom is cooking something that I really don't want to eat, I'll assure her that it's not her cooking, but the food itself that I don't want (which really is the case, my mom's an awesome cook). Then I'll cook something for myself. Her feelings aren't hurt because I'm not insulting her cooking, I'm just making my own thing.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:43 pm
Usually, if my mom makes something that I won't eat (which isn't often) I'll go and make my own food...

Of course, I'm wondering how the hell someone can screw up a pot roast...  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:34 pm
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

Oooh, you'd be surprised at how many people out there can't do much for themselves when it comes to food.

My dad knew a guy who couldn't find his way out of a paper bag. I just went and asked him if he could make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and my dad goes, "That's about all he knew how to do."

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers