Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Kingdom Key Academy~ A Kingdom Hearts Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Keyblade, school, Roleplay, square enix 

Reply Kingdom Key Academy
Rules for Character on Character fights?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think a battle system should be used in the upcoming battle 'light versus darkness'?
  Yes
  No
View Results
Lord Arkon rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Lord Arkon

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:39 pm
Should we just let them go all willy nilly with it? or should we put some organization into it? lets say everyone has like....100 Hp. what if we rolled the dice for attacks? like above whatever number it is is how many points of damage i just did to someone.

I think this would be good.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:27 pm
this idea i like i second the motion to have this system of play but maybe more hp and more damage dealt cause some people may get mad about how much damage their "ultimate" attack does. but this is good plan  

Lunar_Lucar
Crew

hyper_nine_tailed_fox

Friendly Genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:42 am
I think thats a good Idea but maybe like you roll a 20 sided dice to see how powerfull the attack is but then if you use a advanced attack use 2 dice then for an ultimate use 3 dice

while the health would be 300 that way not many people if any would object to the rules

then the same gose for magic 300 points  
x Epriam x rolled 3 20-sided dice: 10, 11, 5 Total: 26 (3-60)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:09 pm
I agree w/ nine tailed fox guy.  

x Epriam x

kikinak

Elder

2,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:33 pm
The battle system suggested by hyper sounds good, though I think we should also have the option for a straight up text-only battle for those who are capable, as well as battles that aren't too serious(hallway scuffles, training sessions, etc)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 pm
kikinak
The battle system suggested by hyper sounds good, though I think we should also have the option for a straight up text-only battle for those who are capable, as well as battles that aren't too serious(hallway scuffles, training sessions, etc)

I agree, we could either have a roll, or just text, you know, let the combatants choose which one.  

Takaki_SAO

Beloved Explorer

4,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Black Fire Lord

Demonic Bachelorette

13,000 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:23 pm
Battle systems are hard to work with, therefore I think it is a good idea to have text and a system,.I would not use the battle system because if your good enough you can be fair in a text battle.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:26 pm
What is light? What is darkness?

==================================================================

I personally wouldn't care much for a battle system... they take away from the narrative portion of the RP, in my honest oppinion, and for me that's a pretty big part of it. If a person can't run a narrative battle fairly, they simply shouldn't play a combat character.

==================================================================
They are nothing but reflections of nothingness...

Bronypi

Friendly Firestarter

5,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

I Am toughchick

Interesting Poster

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:29 am
OMG it would like, be sooo cool if the guilds could have it´s own game xd

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 am
I would like to try to use the battle system when 'light versus darkness' battle happens, although I am unsure.

I do need suggestions though. Although I personally don't know much about a rp battle system, I am willing to learn.

Kotetsu BlackHeart
will probably have the highest Health, since hes almighty darkness and
kalenakeeper
will have about as much as a normal person would have, since Kalena is everything light, but she isn't strong enough to battle darkness on her own.

As I said though, im unsure on how to play this. Suggestions and help needed!

Are you for or against this idea?  

kalenakeeper
Vice Captain

18,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Generous 100

Twotonedrebel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:18 am
kalenakeeper
I would like to try to use the battle system when 'light versus darkness' battle happens, although I am unsure.

I do need suggestions though. Although I personally don't know much about a rp battle system, I am willing to learn.

Kalena. Your idea is pretty much logical anyway. Your character is pretty much the embodiment of light itself, while Kuma is the embodiment of darkness. Sounds like Final Fantasy Dissidia if you ask me.

This would be the perfect opportunity for guild systems to commence.

The war should indeed involve an battle system, just to keep the level of godmodding in balance. I'm very experienced with creating systems myself. If you want, I'll make up one for you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:50 pm
I think for the most part a battle system based off rolls can destroy a potential storyline. I think if we agreed on predetermined battle winners for important fights and text based battles and then for basic fights like heartless bosses we use a roll system. And then if we add a subforum for practice battles between people we can see experienced players fight each other to show the less experienced how to fight and then the less experienced gain experience fighting other rpers?

Although this is how I think it would be best I don't mind rping completely roll based or completely text based or anyway that's agreed upon.  

Killahill217
Crew

Distinct Duelist

3,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • PvP 200
  • Signature Look 250

Twotonedrebel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:49 pm
Killahill217
I think for the most part a battle system based off rolls can destroy a potential storyline. I think if we agreed on predetermined battle winners for important fights and text based battles and then for basic fights like heartless bosses we use a roll system. And then if we add a subforum for practice battles between people we can see experienced players fight each other to show the less experienced how to fight and then the less experienced gain experience fighting other rpers?

Although this is how I think it would be best I don't mind rping completely roll based or completely text based or anyway that's agreed upon.

I would prefer an text-based rp. Though, the dice roll system should mainly be for heartless. It can be used for the type of heartless you encounter. That way you can get things such as stat points and dropped items possibly for an Item Synthesis System.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:15 pm
Yokai Yakuza

Knux_nyan

kalenakeeper

Killahill217

Kotetsu BlackHeart

Got a system to look into.

- Roll The Dice! You must only use 20 sided dice. And use ONE dice. Only.
- Take turns emoting your moves, reacting and acting, then use the dice again.
- Roll 1, critical failure. Your attack fails and your rival gets +1 to their next move, since you done screwed up.
- Roll 2, 3, 4 and you miss.
- Roll 5, 6, 7 and it's a glancing hit! thats 5 points of damage!
- Roll 8, 9 and it's a solid strike! 10 points of damage!
- Roll 10, 11, 12, 13, and it's a powerful hit! 20 points of damage!
- Roll 14, 15, 16. Right in their weak spot! 27 points of damage.
- Roll 17, 18, 19. Critical! 32 points of damage.
- Roll a 20 and that's a Critical right where it hurts the most! 45 points of damage!

Modifiers can be discussed, obviously, to both HP and Attack.

This allows for only one roll needed per post, instead of a defend/attack action. Saves time and lets the opponent dictate how they dodged, or what happens when they're hit.  

The Ghost of Razgriz

Friendly Raider

9,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Kingdom Key Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items