Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
It's gonna cost me HOW much a year to insure it!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:29 pm
So I finally went looking into that Nissan Skyline GT-R, atleast the things like the insurance and junk. It's gonna cost me 7,503 bucks YEARLY to insure it where as the Audi TT was about 6,700. On the other hand I was looking at a Chevy Camaro I can get for an awesome low price which would cost only about 5,900 a year. Amazing how much sports cars can cost on the insurance aint it? Fyi, I have a Full G lisence and Drivers ed plus 8 years of driving experience and it still didn't help much. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:46 pm
It's amazing how much money you'd have to spend on gas to.

A friend of mine has a pimped up Punto that is seriously in Ferrari territory performance wise. He gets around 10 MPG mad  

scrub
Crew

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:38 am
scrub
A friend of mine has a pimped up Punto that is seriously in Ferrari territory performance wise. He gets around 10 MPG mad
Oh gosh. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:17 am
Seems kind of like a tax on having a nice car. It doesn't cost more to buff out a keyscratch on a Ferrari than it does on a Ford. And if you have any worse trouble then that, regardless of what type of car, insurance won't pay jack, they'll say it was an act of god. stare  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:26 pm
Lychee Fruit
Seems kind of like a tax on having a nice car. It doesn't cost more to buff out a keyscratch on a Ferrari than it does on a Ford. And if you have any worse trouble then that, regardless of what type of car, insurance won't pay jack, they'll say it was an act of god. stare
Guess I'll stay away from the Christian Credit Bureau and the Christian Car Insurance alliance then! eek  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:40 am
... Acts of God aren't covered in your motor insurance? *curious* And your insurance covers keyscratches? O_o

Main reason why sports cars' insurance are more expensive is due to their performance; not everyone can handle a high-performance vehicle safely. Sports cars are also much more expensive to repair than normal cars, as their parts/labor cost needed to repair tend to cost more. Not to mention, sports cars are targeted at the younger/more, erm, emotional? demographic.

Combined, the above factors mean a higher frequency of claims and a higher average severity of claims.

Most insurers over here shun sports cars, tbh. XD  

~ Milk Mynk ~

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:47 am
I think I can justify my reason for avoiding such cars now. I struggled when my insurance was just under a thousand when I first started driving. The idea of paying that much is just laughable to me.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games