Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Mum's photography :)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:26 pm
My mum recently entered into a really tough photography competition.
The kind where they give out medallions for first, second and third. There's also merits which are like a highly commended. And to qualify for any of that, your photos have to be accepted in the first place which is tough.

I went with her to the judging of this particular competition the year before last. Holy crap it was a tough competition. I thought she had great photos, until I saw the photos of others entered into the competition >_> Also, the judging was very meticulous.

Needless to say, my mother's quality has improved a lot since then, and she won some places in it this year! I'm so happy for her, it's a huge deal to even be accepted into this competition, let alone place in it.

She got a merit for this: click
A merit for this: click (she also took out champion colour print of another less-prestigious competition with this)
And second place for this! click

The black and whites were entered under black and white pictorial, and the colour was colour pictorial.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:54 pm
Those are amazing photos. I can't imagine what the competition was like if it's tough for those! XD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 pm
Amazing...
How does your Mum find all these great shots  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:19 am
scrub
Amazing...
How does your Mum find all these great shots

We live in an amazing country ;)  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:31 am
Wow, she has gotten a lot better. I really like the one that won second place. o:  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:39 am
Those are some amazing shots!~ heart  

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out