Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T_T
  T________T
View Results

ecopper12

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:35 pm
For those of you who don't know him, look him up. He was one of the greatest metal singers I have heard. That's saying a lot since I don't particularly care for Metal.

Apparently he died early this morning, and had enough time to say goodbye to everyone. Read more about it here.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/2010-05-16-ronnie-james-dio_N.htm

Discuss
Ronnie
His Music  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:39 am
I died a little inside when I heard about Ronnie's death. He was definitely one of the greatest, if not the greatest, metal vocalists ever. He did great things and will most definitely be remembered.  

Bored4Life57

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:54 am
~*~

Heard about it yesterday. It really sucks. :/

~*~

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:27 am
This has just not been a fruitful time to be anyone famous. The famous have been slowly dropping like flies since last year. Anyone else thing it's a wierd bug that inflicts sudden death on the rich?  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:29 am
Thanks for the link since I haven't heard of him.

Well, rest in peace Ronnie.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:01 pm
Godspeed, RJD.  

SykotikKytten

Precious Treasure

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:03 pm
yaoinut
This has just not been a fruitful time to be anyone famous. The famous have been slowly dropping like flies since last year. Anyone else thing it's a wierd bug that inflicts sudden death on the rich?
~*~

I think it's because everyone worthwhile was at their prime in previous decades. No one lately is at all on the same level as the older idols; thus, the ones we actually care about are going to die soon while we're busy counting the days until the current celebrities all OD or jump off cliffs.

~*~

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:50 pm
Den Dristige Djevelen
~*~

I think it's because everyone worthwhile was at their prime in previous decades. No one lately is at all on the same level as the older idols; thus, the ones we actually care about are going to die soon while we're busy counting the days until the current celebrities all OD or jump off cliffs.

~*~

^ This

Bored4Life57

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:40 pm
Yeah, it's not so much that more are dying lately. Just more are dying that we care about. XD  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games