Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
So hai Suites! Small update from Qui =D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:23 am
Hey you guys!
Hope everyone is doing well, I've been lurking a bit over the past few weeks, just poking my nose in to see what's going on basically. So I thought I'd make a thread and give myself a proper catch-up.

*So, I MOVED OUT! I can't believe it, I'd been wanting to for so long and now it's actually happened. I gotta say, it's pretty awesome. I've been living away from home for 2 weeks now and it's beginning to feel more like home and less like I'm on a trip somewhere that will eventually end. I get on pretty well with all my housemates (though my friend Gerard sits playing videogames and shouting at them till 2am while I try to sleep in the room above him). Cooking for myself and everything has gone pretty ok, I have a student cookbook so I'm never running out of ideas of what to make. I've been doing all my dishes and I think I'm doing ok. It's really fun.

*My exams start in less than 2 weeks and I'm really beginning to freak out, I don't know half of what I should because most of the content was so dull and delivered by such boring lecturers. I'm going to force myself to learn it all in this coming week though.

*We had our trampolining club AGM last week and I was made Treasurer for the next academic year, which basically means I'll be in charge of the club's money. I'm really scared about it but also pretty excited to be given such responsibility. There's also a supervisor position going in my work in a few weeks so I'm hoping the new treasurer job will look good on my CV (UK speak for resumé).

That's about it from me, I've got some pictures of my room at the new house though! I really miss you guys!

User Image
User Image
User Image

BTW: The chick in the poster is a musician called Ellie Goulding who's album I bought recently and love. She's also pretty easy on the eyes, so hawt+good music=win. Check her out though, she's awesome. Also, the large blue flag is (ATTN TOAST!!) of the cover of Nightwish's most recent album, Dark Passion Play. Then I've got my Iron Man 2 poster, the card my grandparents gave me for moving out and a certificate I got for participating in a trampolining competition.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:55 pm
That's AWESOME! i'm so excited for you! Good luck with everything! And come back to us soon!! <3  

SykotikKytten

Precious Treasure

Cinnamon_Digory

350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:56 am
grats on your new place  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:34 am
Glad you got moved out. It'll take some getting used to, but you'll be fully adapted soon.

Your exams must go into June. Mine are almost over, last one on the 20th  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:40 am
Awesome smile
Looks like you've got a pretty nice room as well

I just moved out of my Uni flat back home... I miss my flat sad  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:18 pm
Grats on successful moving-out-age (:

Scrub: How could you ever manage to move back home after being on your own?! I could never go back to my family, as bad as it sounds >_> Every time I visit them I remember exactly why I moved far, far away xD  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:15 pm
I can't stay at university accommodation during the summer without paying their extortionate rate. If I did all of my friends would be well over an hours drive away, as my university friends will be dispersing across the country and my BFFs are back in London.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:17 pm
Thanks alot everyone!
I'm actually learning so many new cooking recipes in this house and this one was just so awesome I thought I had to share it (I'll post it in the recipe thread too, it's in the Help&Resources subforum for those who don't know).

Cake in a cup!

Mix in a mug: 3 tbsp self-raising flour
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp milk
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp vanilla extract or cocoa powder
1 egg
Microwave on full power for roughly 3 minutes (our microwave is 800watt so if yours is different then alter the time accordingly), giving it little breaks to stop it rising out of the mug. I had one yesterday and it was freaking awesome! So handy as a snack when you're taking a break from exam revision biggrin  

AquilaLiberum

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Cake in a cup...that, that is just an insanely awesome idea.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:06 pm
It's brilliant, I made it for my friend on Saturday. I think I used a little bit too much oil for my own though sad

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas