Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Thats alot of gas milage on Diesel engine.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:42 pm
Long story short I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500HD single cab medium box which has a V8 6.6L Turbo Diesel engine for my daily driver, infact I actually assembled the engine on this truck on the assembly lineup before I lost my job in the factory. So I decided to see just how many kilometers I could go with the engine so I topped it off a few weeks ago.. low and behold I've traveled over 1,100KM ( 683.51 Miles ) on a single tank of Diesel Fuel which costed me thirty five dollars to fill up. The irony of this is the brochure for the vehicle said it's range was about 800 km, where as I squeezed 300 more KM out of it! So just how much mileage is this? Actually just about the same as a fuel economic car, definitly not a Prius or something but a generic model car. Also I bought this truck brand new, I've got 227,019 KM on it total and aside from some idiot sideswiping it to hell a few years ago the only problem I had with it was the fanbelt and that was a easy thing to fix. And yes this is combined with some Highway and some City driving. And before anyone says my turck isn't an envoirnmentally friendly one your correct, but at the time it was produced ethanol trucks where only on the concept floor in Detroit.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:12 am
Neato.

The 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI is runned as a Turbo Diesel.
Gets almost 50mpg. o.o

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas