Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Health and Fitness
Know anything about stamina building?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Possesed treadmill!
  owo;
View Results

lost_asiangirl

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:32 pm
I'm planning on trying out for my school's soccer team, and one of the requirements is, I have to be able to run for 25 minutes straight. Erm...thats not exactly possible for me anymore, if I had tried out this recent school year, I probably would've been able to, but I've been a bit out of shape since my parents wouldn't let me.
I've been trying to work on it for a bit using a old, crappy, possesed treadmill, but thats not really getting me anywhere, so any advice?
^w^; All help would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:09 am
Funny thing, I just asked my instructor about that, and she said run the treadmill. So first light walk, brisk walk, jog, then run/sprint. If the max you can run is lets say 4.5 mph and you run it for about five minutes go back down to 3.5 or a comfortable jogging/brisk walking stage...then once you caught your breath rested a little while, bump it up back to 4.5 again, and repeat this process, eventually you'll be bumping it up to 4.6, 4.7 etc etc.

I too, am just starting to do this, cause I want to be able to run faster, for long periods of time.

Hope this helps. ^^

Lady Pelvic

Health and Fitness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces